TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This car belongs Michael M. He is on my 40th registry site. He told me that because of conditions out at the time he was driving it hit a telephone pole at the passenger side door and then rolled over to the top. He is fine but the car is totaled. He is looking into other birds now for another car though.
There is a girl at my school that had a 95 tbird too and she said she totaled it a couple years ago. She hit a guard rail when she fell asleep. She said she was for the most part ok but her car was totaled, there were parts of the engine behind where the front fender ends.

Drive safely everyone,

-Shawn

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow, it doesn't look as bad as you'd think considering what happened to it. How fast was he going at the time of the accident? I hate to see a t-bird in that condition. Well, at least he's ok.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Shawn40th said:
This car belongs Michael M. He is on my 40th registry site. He told me that because of conditions out at the time he was driving it hit a telephone pole at the passenger side door and then rolled over to the top. He is fine but the car is totaled. He is looking into other birds now for another car though.
There is a girl at my school that had a 95 tbird too and she said she totaled it a couple years ago. She hit a guard rail when she fell asleep. She said she was for the most part ok but her car was totaled, there were parts of the engine behind where the front fender ends.

Drive safely everyone,

-Shawn
DAAAAAMMMNN
glad he's alright....

I have to agree, these cars are pretty damn solid....amazed me with what little damage occured to my car during my accident...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
93tbird302 said:
Wow, it doesn't look as bad as you'd think considering what happened to it. How fast was he going at the time of the accident? I hate to see a t-bird in that condition. Well, at least he's ok.

I dont know how fast. I dont think it was too fast.

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm glad he's OK, could have been worse.

As much as I love our cars - they are NOT strong cars! I've seen several split open like tin cans after accidents. Almost makes me prefer to drive the big Merc around instead.

Oh well - at least they're bigger than 80% of other cars on the road, eh ;)?

Safe driving all.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Glad to hear he's OK. It's amazing how much injuries can vary due to angle(s) of impact and the car.

True, nothing is very strong when you get upto highway speeds, but around town your damn safe in an mn12. When that #$^%er in a corolla turn left in front of me, I T-boned him at 20 to 25 mph. My damage was purely cosmetic. If the car was a beater, I could have repaired it for $100. His car had a bent frame, and both passenger doors could not open.

mn12= tank :king:
corolla= tin can :leftright

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll agree that their solid around town, thats how fast i was going when a deer decided to jump in front of me,

Not even structural damage, just a bent fender and ****ed up hood, besides stupid airbags,..

I'm glad the guys ok and all but i agree with greenbird, these things are tanks, well at least more so than most everything outtheir
tony

·
Registered
239 Posts
good to know all that weight goes toward something useful

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Not as strong as you think........

This was a 96 3.8.I talked to this kid about three months ago at a local car wash.I thought it was a Sport but turned out to be just a Bird with sport rims.I told him about this site and how much info he could gain from it.Its sad to say but he was killed in this wreck and will never be able to enjoy it or the great people here.He hit a pole going about 100mph.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
By seeing "bio hazz" on the side, I'm guessing it was pretty messy. Our cars are protected at low speeds by their mass, but at high speed, they tend to wrap themselves around things.
The Anniversary car above looks to have been going at least 30mph to do that kind of structural dammage. 30 mph sideways, constantly slowing down. Whats the speed limit on that road? :tongue:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deus003: I think it is out of his possession now. I might be heading to a junk yard on the weekend. Ill see if I can find any there.

LX-Tasy: wow, that looks bad. It's too bad.

-Shawn

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: Not as strong as you think........

LX-Tasy said:
Not as strong as you think........
a car going from 100mph to 0mph in about 1 sec makes a force of about 65,000 newtons or about 15,000 lbf...i would guess that's enough to tear any car apart

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Re: Not as strong as you think........

brahma101 said:

a car going from 100mph to 0mph in about 1 sec makes a force of about 65,000 newtons or about 15,000 lbf...i would guess that's enough to tear any car apart
exactly. even a tank (assuming it could go that fast) would be torn apart if it slowed down that fast.

·
Registered
133 Posts
They have shown the Sherman Tanks of WW2 when hitting a cemet bunker side going over 50 tore the tank to nothing, everyone inside was killed. Size and steel matters but you throw in physics to boot and you can die in even the strongest vehicles.

I was lucky I hit a chain link fence pole at like 10mph (long bad story) but it just put three small cracks in the bumper and ruined the paint job. I have also seen an MN12 get into a massive car wreck here right before our big bridge, the guy in the MN12 out of the pile up was the only one who got out on his own.

BTW those photos are painful should have a warning on them "May make grown men weep!"

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
This was a 96 3.8.I talked to this kid about three months ago at a local car wash.I thought it was a Sport but turned out to be just a Bird with sport rims.I told him about this site and how much info he could gain from it.Its sad to say but he was killed in this wreck and will never be able to enjoy it or the great people here.He hit a pole going about 100mph.
:(

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Re: Not as strong as you think........

LX-Tasy said:
That's horrible....:(

When did this happen?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts