TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on my way into work on 691 and I am in the fast lane behind a Jeep doing 65 which is the speed limit and just taking it easy. Well on the entrance ramp to the highway comes a tractor trailer, a delivery truck, an F-250 and the State Trooper in his unmarked Expedition. The F-250 goes directly from the ramp to the fast lane and the Trooper follows, now both behind me I pull in front of the tractor trailer and they both pass me. Traffic was going by me when all of the sudden I never saw this one coming, some moron in a cavalier comes ripping in front of me almost hits me then proceeds to cut in front of the Trooper, then he proceeds to tailgate the F-250. I watched for a few minutes and wondered when he was going to get snagged, well after riding the pick ups a$$ I finally see the lights go on..... BUSTED :D. I go by and it is someone maybe from Mexico or south America....I hope he had his green card today and a wreckless driving charge because he sure deserved whatever he got. That one made my morning, I see this Trooper a few times a week and he always has someone pulled over, he tolerates some speeding I know personally but I really think he does not like the people who weave in and out and tailgate since I have seen him get those people before.

·
Super Moderator
12,236 Posts
:thumbsup:Good call officer.

I see a lot of that too but unfortunately there's never a cop around when you need one. They usually are at the donut shop or sitting on the shoulder running radar. The best way to catch reckless drivers is to get out there on the road with them ideally in an unmarked car. It makes the picking that much easier.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Good on that trooper! Always nice to see a deserving candidate get pulled over!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
....I see this Trooper a few times a week and he always has someone pulled over, he tolerates some speeding I know personally but I really think he does not like the people who weave in and out and tailgate since I have seen him get those people before.
Those people cause an awful lot more accidents than the people moderately speeding but still holding their own lane.

Crazy stuff....last summer I was driving the interstate (65mph limit) and I glance in the mirror and see some little car weaving, no swerving in n out and coming up on me real fast. I got out of the fast lane and 10 seconds later this Mini Cooper goes screaming by me......some probably 20-ish girl on a cellphone. :rolleyes: But 10 miles up the road this girl was pulled over with two troopers behind her.

And she was still on the cellphone! Natch, I honked and waved as I went by.
Thanks for getting her pulled over, guys. The public owes ya.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The problem here is not that they pull over the bad drivers but the ones that are doing nothing wrong. I see it all the time. I can't understand why a cop will sit in 5:00 traffic and radar cars that are going well below the speed limit. Bumper to bumper traffic. Then they will pull over someone and give them a ticket for speeding. I can't understand it!???? It is the damnest thing I've ever seen. It happens all the time. A friend of ours had it happen to us yesterday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts