TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, but couldn't find anything. I'm replacing the stock square "V8" badges with the ones from a 3rd gen V8 Explorer. Can someone give me some advise on this? My biggest worry is installing the new badges... glue or doublesided tape? Thanks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep just use fishing line to slide behind the original badges. To remove the old adhesive, try a goo gone or something similar. To put on the new badges just use the 3m doublsided exterior tape and you should be set.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Werd...:woowoo:

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Go to a body shop supply place and get yourself an eraser wheel. It will take off all the old adhesive in about 30 seconds without doing any damage to your paint. As far as getting the old badge off, fishing line is the safest and easiest way.

Mike

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I hate dealer stickers. No one sees them except for the people who bought it. There have been a couple times I noticed them, if they're in a bad location and huge, or they're from the local dealership. I think mine has a penguin or something too. I'm too lazy, but I started on one side.

I had one of those "Proud parent of an honor role student" stickers on my Contour when I had it (cops are usually easier on you) and someone peeled it off. I'm just glad they got it all off instead of part of it, so I wasn't upset. I never got pulled over in that car, or my Caravan. A few times in the Cougar, though, and once in the Bronco. :D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I believe she won them from me, that is if you are from Round Lake Beach. You are fairly close to me but with gas prices it makes more sense for me to mail them to you. They will be getting dropped off tomorrow. ;)

-Miller

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Well they are getting dropped off tomorrow, we'll see when FedEx decides to ship them.

-Miller

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
eraser wheel will take care of the dealer sticker too. And any other stickers on there, or pinstripes that you don't like, or caked on tree sap. And it will only cost you like $10. I would seriously reccomend getting one of those and save yourself a ton of time.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts