TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I got a stock replacement balancer from orielly's and installed it with new underdrive pulleys this weekend. I started the car and it shook worse than it did with the old bad balancer. is there anything this could be other than the wrong part? the engine was replaced in october and always had a vibration so I can only assume the balancer had been bad since then. one odd thing I did notice is that the new balancer had what seemed to be a counterweight on the back while the stock one doesn't have this. that is the only difference other than there being no offset hole for the sensor ring. I just installed the ring in the same relation to the keyway as the original balancer. this is on my 95 supercoupe

thanks
-steve

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. I should have figured that would be wrong after I saw what a disaster the radiator they sold me was

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yes, and make sure you get one Specifically for the 94/95 Super Coupe, the 89-93 are different.

You will want to have the Harmonic dampener balanced together with the Crankshaft pulley at a Neutral or 0 balance before you install it on your engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts