TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That heater hose that everyone recomments for the PI intake swap looks wrong to me. I'm in the middle of the swap now, and the end that plugs into the rubber hose will not meet up with the rubber hose.

Looks like I need to go buy hose and make this work.

I saw a picture somewhere of the metal heater hose that was different than what I have. (was it in that kit that is sold?) It was longer, and looked like it would reach the rubber line just fine with no modofications.

I have PN: XR3Z-18B402-AA

Anyone knows the right one? Not like it matters to me now..but this will make someone else's swap easier.

Thanks,
Andrey

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's the same part number as the one I have. Did you get the nipple that goes in the back of the water pump? If you didn't, from what I've read, you will need to "adapt" the rubber hose end to make it fit. I'm doing the swap on my bird tomorrow since today was a washout. :(

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I have the nipple

The problem is not connecting the hose to the water pump, but connecting the other end to the heater hose. You'll see whay I'm talking about.

Just get yourself a few feet of heater hose from AutoZone and adapt it to fit.

Btw, I finished the swap but didnt hook up the fuel line right, stared the car, sprayed fuel all over the engine compartment. Now I'm waiting for it to dry off before fixing he fuel line and driving it.

-Andrey

·
Registered
298 Posts
yeah, it doesn't line up all the way, you will need to extend it. Get some adapter barbs in the HELP section of any parts store.

If my memory serves me the PI pipe is 5/8" and the tbird one is something weird like 15/32" or something.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yes you will have to extend that one heater hose to hook up to the new metal line.

I removed the hose entirely and just put a new 12" piece from the new metal line to the nipple on the firewall.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
thats also the same part numberi have. i guess i gotta grab a few extra feet of heater hose.

Frank

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id better ask, is there any trick to reconnecting the fuel lines? I just pushed them together, both clicked... I wonder why one leaked. Hm...

-Andrey

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
MadRussian said:
Id better ask, is there any trick to reconnecting the fuel lines? I just pushed them together, both clicked... I wonder why one leaked. Hm...

-Andrey
Well, reconnect the fuel line and then hook up the safety clip. If you don't hook up the clip it's gonna blow the fuel line off under pressure.

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
MadRussian said:

Btw, I finished the swap but didnt hook up the fuel line right, stared the car, sprayed fuel all over the engine compartment. Now I'm waiting for it to dry off before fixing he fuel line and driving it.

-Andrey
Happened during my swap.. cept it came out of the pressure release valve of the fuel rails. Jurgen didn't seem to think anything of it and started it up again.. with no exhaust hooked up so all that heat was dumping out of the header onto the giant puddle of gas on the floor.. scared me ****less! lol

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, scared me too. Car had coolant on the exhaust manifolds, and it was smoking; at this point I didn't know the fuel lines were leaking. Then I saw the fuel spray + smoke; scary as hell.

Oh yea, I did connect the safety clip

-Andrey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts