TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adding some oil to the engine when I accidently grabbed a quart of Mercon III and started to add to the crankcase. I quickly saw the fluid was red and pulled it back out. My Question is with approximatly no more the maybe 1 or 2 Oz of tranny fluid Should I drain all the oil or will it blend in with the OIL and not harm anything. Need answer quickly please

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'll fourth or fifth the prior comments. Atleast you didn't accidentally pour engine oil into your brake fluid reservoir. The eventual destruction is epic and kind of hilarious when customers brought their cars in for a 'really spongy pedal'.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Your are OK till next Oil Change - Reminds me of time I poured 3 Quarts Oil thru motor with no Oil Drain plug installed, or of the time I swigged Gumout instead of the Budweiser on the other Fender or the time......

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have dumped a quart of oil on the ground through the motor once myself!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll have to say that I myself am guilty of trying to fill the crankcase without the drain plug in...but I did the full 5 quarts. Luckily I was in my schools auto shop and had plenty of speedy dry at my disposal.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I got all ya beat I double gasketed my filter on my old 5.0 crown vic and saw an oil shower like no other when started lol. But I didnt forget the drain plug. I was 18 at the time

·
Registered
893 Posts
I got all ya beat I double gasketed my filter on my old 5.0 crown vic and saw an oil shower like no other when started lol. But I didnt forget the drain plug. I was 18 at the time
I did that once rushing an oil change on a 3.8 van; the one time I don't check for the old gasket it happens to me. It's a fun mess to clean up...

·
Super Moderator
10,761 Posts
I use 1/2 a quart of trans fluid as a seal sweller; it works as good as anything.

I usually add it the last few days before I change it; the last drive I do before I change it, I add 1/2 can of Seafoam.

The oil comes out black as hell after the Seafoam, even if it looked clean on the stick before, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts