TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
If you find a 94-96 bezel in good shape, you can convert your cluster to a 94-96 style. I recently inquired about this myself to convert my 97 cluster to a 94-96 style and I was told there is a writeup somewhere here on the forums.

·
Registered
413 Posts
View attachment 46178
If anyone here has one in good condition with all the tabs intact including where the defogger screws on please let me know. Thanks
Its easy to repair these using Oatey black ABS cement.

It's the same plastic as the bezel just in liquid form due to solvents which evaporate when exposed to air. You can mold it as well as repair cracks. You can also buy a sheet of black 1/8" abs and cut out patches to overlay a crack or reinforce an area. It molds to shape with a hair dryer. Put abs cement between the two panels to bond them together.

·
Registered
1997 SPORT Laser Red. Restored May of 2020.
182 Posts
Trust me, I have been looking for almost two years and any you find will be ready to crack.

Best option is to find someone with a 3D printer to make some for us. I would NOT buy any used I don't care how great of shape they say it is.

I have talked to other owners who bought used off ebay at $199 and they did not last.

Anyone know of a 3D printing company that might make them?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Anyone know of a 3D printing company that might make them?
I'm talking to a guy local to me that does 3D printing. I'm waiting for Brandon ( @theterminator93 ) to get me a scan file to give to the guy. If that timeline is too far out, I'll get this guy I'm talking to make a 3D scan. Though, he's already told me his scanner isn't the best, hence why I'm waiting for Brandon. I also plan to have this guy make 94-96 cluster bezel as well as HVAC bezel as well.

I can say that, based on conversation I've had with the guy already, it's not going to be cheap. At the same time, I don't expect these to "fly off the shelves" either.

I was hoping to make a small profit from these, but I don't think I'll do that based on current projected pricing if we actually start moving forward.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,709 Posts
My consultation with the group who runs the facility with the 3D scanner is tomorrow night. We'll see what they say, and go from there...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts