TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of an 8 bolt crank if anyone has one available. It doesn't neccessarily need to be a forged crank, I won't have enough power to break a cast crank. I have bought 2 cranks thus far and haven't managed to get a good one yet, nothing was anyone in particulars fault, things happen and I understand that. But that said I've put out to much money so far for nothing to show for it in return, all I am really looking for is a good 8 bolt crank that I can take to the shop have balanced and drop in my motor without any kinda problems. I would really really prefer it if the crank could stay std./std. but if it does need to be cut down a bit I suppose that wouldn't be the end of the world. I would prefer it to be local to me here in GA, but I will travel a bit if need be, and I can do one shipped if need be, but if I can avoid it that would be nice. If anyone has something available, let me know. Thanks.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the 8-bolt cranks were forged, and the 6-bolts were cast. Why does it have to be an 8-bolt?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 8 bolt cast crank, but it's no good. I also have an 8 bolt forged crank, also no good. Somewhere in there they switched to an 8 bolt cast crank in the GT cars, and others I would guess, and let the forged pieces be in the Cobras only as far as I know. I need an 8 bolt crank because when I started my build I had an 8 bolt cast crank, so I bought an 8 bolt flywheel. Now I need another crank and I'd prefer it to be an 8 bolt so I won't have to buy another flywheel as well.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mods please lock and delete, I have what I need. Thanks TCCOA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.