TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im needing a good set, ready to go , of drivers side door hinges for my 96 bird. Need price shipped to 37205. If possible I need these by saturday. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
The best cure for a sagging door is new hinge pins. I had a body shop put a set in a past T-bird of mine, only cost 50 bucks... (Ford dealer said it'd cost 500 to replace the hinges)

Seems to replace the hinges you have to remove a LOT of difficult parts... including the dashboard.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had the same problem on my 92 and 95 birds. I couldn't get away with just a pin/bushing replacement because the holes in the hinges were egged out so I replaced the lower hinge and it fixed my problem. I didn't do the upper since the shop wanted too much to pull the dash.

Mike

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The best cure for a sagging door is new hinge pins. I had a body shop put a set in a past T-bird of mine, only cost 50 bucks... (Ford dealer said it'd cost 500 to replace the hinges)

Seems to replace the hinges you have to remove a LOT of difficult parts... including the dashboard.
I'm pretty sure that the lower hinges can be replaced without removing the dash - only the uppers require dash removal.

Dennis

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can probably just do the pins and bushings. It keeps sagging down and it catches my door panel on the inside, so I guess I will do the pins and bushings. Thanks guys.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Don't forget you can adjust the hinge on the door to bring the door up. Just get a buddy and loosen the bolts holding the door to the hinge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts