TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good functioning condition LJC1 ECM for a 1997 thunderbird 4.6 F7SF-12A650-BB. I have already attempted to replace this ECM once before with a different strategy and my tuner will prompt "wrong vehicle" so it will need to match.

Let me know if you have one and how much you want for it.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
I had to burn an unlock in my tuner to swap eec's, even among the same type. (MBE2 for me)

YMMV.

Good to see you here, Chris!

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
There's an old 96 or 97 sitting in the bone yard near the house. I'll check later when the weather improves and see if it matches.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Our end of the country is more likely to be the MBEx or FTEx EEC's; the ljcx was west coast, CA spec, iirc.

Don't hurt to check, tho. :)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for looking Ron. Yes it is a comifornia spec ecm. Greg I need to set it back even further to unused? Will it hold my tune file on the handheld in that state?

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
When I had an EEC die, I had to act like I was changing cars.

Reset the tune to stock.
Unlock the Tuner.
Add tune to new EEC, just like it was a different car.

Thankfully, my EEC still talked to the Tuner; IDK what happens if the EEC dies all the way.
I'd bet it involves sending it back to SCT, though.

My FTE1 EEC died a few years ago, doing weird ****, so I swapped it out with an MBE2 from a Merc.
The Catchcode doesn't matter if you're overwriting the tune, as long as it's for the same type setup. (96/97 in my case)

Good luck with it!

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Agreed; that's the important part.

I'm running MBE2, FTE1,and (short time)MBE3 EECs' all programmed with my PRP software for MBE2.

I hope this post doesn't get me turned off again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts