TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
SCP sells them in UHMW. They're not cheap.

Then there's THIS thread on getting them in UHMW. It's ~$100 cheaper than SCP.

But, IIRC, @Grog6 has said that just shaving off 1/4" from the insert (?) that goes through the original bushing will work the same as getting either aluminium or UHMW bushings.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hate to say anything bad about anyone, but I sent Jay the $325 2 months ago and have not heard from him since. Maybe another order would get a reply from him, but I'm not feeling good about it at this point. Thinking about requesting the funds back through PayPal...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know about SCP and I agree with you.

I've tried to get in touch with Jay since last year and I've had no success. I've bought his spring perches and rear LCAs and find them to be top notch products. I have read somewhere on SCCOA that Jay is making SCP's UHMW.

Price is why I'm checking to see if there might be a unused or used set floating around.

Read ya later, Nick

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
SCP sells them in UHMW. They're not cheap.

Then there's THIS thread on getting them in UHMW. It's ~$100 cheaper than SCP.

But, IIRC, @Grog6 has said that just shaving off 1/4" from the insert (?) that goes through the original bushing will work the same as getting either aluminium or UHMW bushings.
That was Matt, I think; you apparently take them out, and cut some off the inside metal piece, and reassemble, with more compression on the rubber.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got to learn to read all the content. I like option#3, that'll 1st on the list to rid the wheel hop issue. Thank you all for your help.

Read ya later, Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts