TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I jinxed myself....:leftright
After bragging earlier today that my car has not needed a professional mechanics hands to make a repair, just now coming back from an errand the idiot "Check Guages" light comes on. :tongue:

BUT....
GAS = 3/4
OIL = "R-M" on the "norm scale"
TEMP = "N-O" on the norm scale and
VOLTS = Straight up.

So, anyone have an idea why this bulb is glowing red on my dash?

A closer inspection of fluids reveals:
Oil Dipstick is full;
Tranny dip stick is full;
P/S is full (I know that this doesn't have a guage, but I'm fishing for answers), and Brake fluid is full (here, if there was a problem, then the brake light would go on when the brake pedal is depressed).

I also pulled the #15 fuse from the power distribution box, cleared the computer, but no change to the idiot light.

Anyone have some ideas? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? :2huh:
Good Grief!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
610 Posts
There is a module for the check gauge light. It is located on the housing and may need to have the contacts cleaned and reset in the connector.

Just a guess...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
well, did u knock on wood first? my only answer would be to quote a certain man from Alabama...Sh!t happens.

i have learned this many times and have proceded to fix the problem or fix it before it starts which in turn allows me to fix another problem that has popped up..sometimes i think our cars were really made by microsoft.

joseph

·
Registered
329 Posts
One of the warning lights might be burned out. When you turn the key to ON, all the warning lights should light up. Check to see if any of the Check engine, Check oil, Air Bag or ABS or whatever lights are burned out

·
Registered
610 Posts
Actually, according to my 95 ETVM service manual the check gauge light is only tied into the oil pressure, charging, fuel gauge, water temp.

Since your readings appear to be normal...Check gauge module seems a more likely cause.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Blown94SC said:
Actually, according to my 95 ETVM service manual the check gauge light is only tied into the oil pressure, charging, fuel gauge, water temp.
Ok sorry then. I just used some expeirence with other vehicles and assumed it was a standardization that it would also cover the bulbs as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blown94SC said:

Since your readings appear to be normal...Check gauge module seems a more likely cause.

Well, I'm stumped. That damn glowing light is probably a short or something that I just cannot trace. Since the instrument cluster is rigged as an integral unit, I can't see how to readily access the rear of the damn thing other than to pull the entire cluster out!

Who knows how to pull the instrument cluster out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts