TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know a whole lot about transmissions. When i had the motor out, i looked at the transmission. It looked fairly new. The front pump was nice and shiny, no leaks from anywhere. I drained my fluid and dropped the pan about 10,000 miles ago. The old fluid was red, not burnt at all. So Ive been under the impression thats its a good, newer trans. The other night, It started to slip. The fluid level is perfect, and the newer fluid is good. But what puzzled me was, it doesnt slip from 1-2 manual shifting, but it will slip from 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 in drive. What are the odds of that? Im thinking one of the solenoids is on its way out, but like i said earlier, im not a transmission man. Can anyone help me out?

·
Super Moderator
12,236 Posts
How many miles are on it? You've probably got close to 200K or more on it now.

Time for a rebuild...

·
Super Moderator
12,236 Posts
Hummm? Not as high as i thought it would be.

J-mod it and get an auxillary trans cooler. It should get you to 200K+ without any problem. It wouldn't hurt to replace and upgrade the TC also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hummm? Not as high as i thought it would be.

J-mod it and get an auxillary trans cooler. It should get you to 200K+ without any problem. It wouldn't hurt to replace and upgrade the TC also.
yea, that definately needs to go. it has the shudder problem. could that also be a problem if it gets real bad? when i let off the gas, it gets stuck at 1500 rpms and doesnt drop for about 5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
120,000 for a 95 transmission is good mileage. I wouldn't waste one red cent on it. Buy a late model unit and adapt it.
Alan

·
Registered
235 Posts
120,000 for a 95 transmission is good mileage.
Alan
I have over 200k on my original 95 transmission and it still works fine. I am still going to upgrade it so when I do the mods I have planned it will last.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
When you find the trans you want to use I can tell you what you need to adapt to make it work. I prefer to swap the output shafts inside the transmissions and use really late model cores. However what is a 45 minute project to me isn't so quick for others.
Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts