TCCoA Forums banner

WTF is going on???

794 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bigbird94 
#1 ·
ok, im really angry right now. I just did a headgasket job about 100 miles ago and today my car started running like $hit and then turned off. WTF??? I took out #15 fuse and reset my computer, then it ran fine for like 2 min and then boom, same thing happened again. I tried to restart it and it started but it was running really crappy below 3000 rpm so i drove it home in 1st(only like a 1 mile drive from where i was). I have no idea other than my o2's got poisoned when there was water going through my exhaust. Anybody experience this??? Any help is great. Thanks

GC

#3 ·
o2's get screwed up when antifreeze has gone through the exhaust. I would look there first.

#4 ·
thanks for the help guys, im going to try and fix the problem today but it is really cold outside and about a foot of snow out there so it will take a while just to get it up my driveway:D , damn open diffs

GC

#6 ·
thanks mark, ill try that first before i go out and buy two new ones. The o2's in there are probobly the original ones that came with the car. The car now has 140k. should i just replace them anyways??thanks guys

GC

#8 ·
thanks mark. im soaking them in vinegar right now to see if that helps any, if so than ill drive to the local trash auto and get me two shiney new ones. Thanks again

GC

#9 ·
ok, i soaked the o2' in vinegar, let them dry and put them back in. reset the puter and tried to start it again and it wont even fire up. this engine is really starting to get at me. im thinking of letting my friends take a sledge to it.i am pulling the codes right now but i cannot figure it out for some reason. anyone know the trick????please help. i need the car tomorrow.

GC

#12 ·
ok, i figured out what my problems were. first was that the o2's were poisoned, so i soaked them in vinegar for like 2 hours. second the hose between the egr transducer and the exhaust tube was blocked so i un-blocked it. and then figured out that the coil wire that goes to the cap was loose and just sitting on there. man the car is TOTALLY different now. with a hot spark, the car seems to run a little better:D i thank all of you guys for all of your help.

props to mark for the vinegar trick

GC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.