TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flashers/blinkers on my 90 cougar ls are intermittently not working, and I went to try and replace the blinker relay or whatever its called but couldn't find it.

The car has the digital dash in it, and I fear its part of that.

Can you guys help?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
IIRC, the flasher on my 92 ls was in the fuse box under the dash. I had the regular analog cluster though, but I dont believe it would make a difference. The flasher is just one of those cheap 552 (2 prong) unless im mistaken.
-Rob

·
Registered
159 Posts
IIRC, the flasher on my 92 ls was in the fuse box under the dash. I had the regular analog cluster though, but I dont believe it would make a difference. The flasher is just one of those cheap 552 (2 prong) unless im mistaken.
-Rob
Correct, there should be two of them, one for turn signals and one for 4 Way flashers/hazard, the 4 way should be on the back side of the fuse block....

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I found my flasher on the brace above and to the left the foot brake behind the knee panel, not where the F'ing Haynes manual said it would be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't know if the cougar is different or not, but my 91 t-bird had the 5 pin Hazard/turning blinkers. If it is the 5 pin, You can only get them at a ford dealership or out of a yard. Make sure which one you have before you go and get a replacement for it because most stores will give you a 2 pin regardless of which one you need.

Why did they use a 5 pin flasher for something that has been 2 pin for 40+ years??? Go figure...

·
Registered
128 Posts
mine was mounted on the outside wall under the steering colum above the fuse panel. easy was to find it is if your turn signals work sometimes... turm then on and feel around

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did finally find it. It looks like its above the foot pedal.

It also looks like its one of those 5 pin units.

Have to see how much the dealer is gonna squeeze me for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brace yourself...$50 bucks...if you're lucky.

·
Registered
370 Posts
yes but you have to drain and refill the blinker fluid. :tongue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts