TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is just a rant.

But I went out to get in the car today, when I noticed my clear corners were missing.

I suddenly freaked out, opened the car, checked on my cd player and speakers and found them all there. I then popped the hood and realized that they also took my tube intake.

Never gonna believe this, but when I start the car up, guess what else is missing....my ***k*** exhaust.

Wth would anyone steal exhaust, an intake, and a set of clear corners for a '95 cougar?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Interesting who the hell would want out stock POS exhaust :) Did you park it in a bad part of town or something dang sorry man

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dude, it wasn't stock exhaust.

Dual 2.25 with glasspacks and chrome tips. Hopefully I can find the guy my brother used to make it for him, cause I loved the sound. Only problem is, money is short right now.

And you want to know the sad part....it was at my own house that this happened. I'm just trying to find out how I can afford to actually put an exhaust on right now...money's tight.

Luckily I saved crappy corners and the stupid stock intake.

·
Registered
647 Posts
what about insurance covering it? I'm sure there's gotta be something there.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Wow, that sounds odd! Seems like it could have been someone that knows you and knows what you have done to your car. You didn't have the doors locked did ya?

Also surprised you didn't notice someone "stripping" your car. Wouldn't they have to get it up in the air to get the exhaust off? Was it just clamped on? Next time get it welded!

Yea, I would of definatly contacted the police.

That sucks!

·
Registered
817 Posts
MattsLE97 said:
Did you talk to your local police department??
why, theyre only useful if money is involved. you couldve called them while the thiefs were in the act, and they wouldve been "yeah, well be right there" and 2 days later show up "umm, we have a report of a breakin". yeah, thanks. can i borrow your cruiser now? ill give it back in, oh, never.

sounds like someone who either A: knows your car, B: knows MN12's, or C: knows what theyre doing. i can see ganking corner lights, but stealing the intake AND exhaust without alerting anyone of their presence is hard to imagine. they must have PB blasted the exhaust for nights before and mobile air tools or something to get at that exhaust.

·
Registered
825 Posts
people like that NEED to be shot that is low maybe you should get locking deck pins and a alarm. or just keep a rottweiler in your car:saeek:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Tony said:
Wow, that sounds odd! Seems like it could have been someone that knows you and knows what you have done to your car. You didn't have the doors locked did ya?

Also surprised you didn't notice someone "stripping" your car. Wouldn't they have to get it up in the air to get the exhaust off? Was it just clamped on? Next time get it welded!

Yea, I would of definatly contacted the police.

That sucks!

They could have still cut it off. It was probably someone who owns one of these cars (probably on 26's) and like different parts of it. I would start looking around for another MN-12 that all the sudden has a new exhaust and clear corners.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
My brother had a Subaru in front of my house it was like a 1985 with 300,000 miles ...

My neighbor said he saw two guys walk up to the car and just drive off with it didnt think anything of it ???

Anyway we found the car a few weeks later like 5 blocks away with the distributor missing ... nothing else gone ...

my brothers leather jacket was on the back seat still with $$ in the pocket and all of his CD's were in the car and they didnt take those

people are stupid sometimes I'm surprised they went for the exhaust I would think that would be a PITA to get

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
ThomasR91169 said:
why, theyre only useful if money is involved. you couldve called them while the thiefs were in the act, and they wouldve been "yeah, well be right there" and 2 days later show up "umm, we have a report of a breakin". yeah, thanks. can i borrow your cruiser now? ill give it back in, oh, never.

sounds like someone who either A: knows your car, B: knows MN12's, or C: knows what theyre doing. i can see ganking corner lights, but stealing the intake AND exhaust without alerting anyone of their presence is hard to imagine. they must have PB blasted the exhaust for nights before and mobile air tools or something to get at that exhaust.

Not always true. My friend had a bunch of cds stolen from his car and a few other things. He made a police report out about it just so they could keep there eyes open in case its a neighborhood thing. Sure as **** they found the people and he got his stuff back. PLus i'm sure if the insurance has anything in there policy there gonna wanna know if you called the police i'm sure.

-matt-

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I also agree with the theory that it was probably somebody familiar with your car. And get this, Someone tried to steal my Dad's '86 Mustang GT, somebody jimmied the door, and tried to use a key to start it, and broke the key off in the ignition. I hopped in it to start it last week (last time I started it was at thanksgiving time)and the key wouldn't go in. When I called the cops to report it, all I got was a return call from an ignorant bast**d trying to claim I left it unlocked. OH, and this, right after my Dad died (last Aug), someone had ba**s enough to come up into our back yard, or come thru the woods behind the house, and steal the Shaker Hood Scope off of our '71 Torino Cobra. The car sets about 20 feet from the back sliding door. When I told the cop that, he laughed at me. I called him a *^^*((^%% @ssh*le and hung up on him.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
man, I'd definitely be checking out the T-birds in the area. It sounds like somone wanted some very specific parts and nothing else. Funny thing is, if you're going to risk being busted for theft, you might as well go ahead and take the other stuff too! (stereo, cd's, etc) I mean, I don't think a judge is going to say "well, I'll let you off since you didn't take everything.

I'd definitely get a police report. Can't hurt.

And Uncaged, I'd find out who the *ss*ole was that laughed about your problems and report him. That is just unprofessional, rude, and uncalled for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts