TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, getting a new exhaust system soon, going with x-pipe setup, just wondering in what location x-pipe should go, i'm guessing putting it where the current 3rd cat is? I know it can't be too close nor too far from exhaust manifold. Any ideas?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just read up on all this, x-pipe location is not nearly as important as a crossover pipe. Mount it closer to front but where it isn't a big interference. Do a search and you'll find tons of pics here as to where they put em on the birds.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Just read up on all this, x-pipe location is not nearly as important as a crossover pipe. Mount it closer to front but where it isn't a big interference. Do a search and you'll find tons of pics here as to where they put em on the birds.
An X-Pipe is a crossover pipe...

The only spot you can use an X-Pipe on these cars is after the transmission crossover and before the gas tank.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Here's my setup....
How does it sound?
That is similar to my previous setup to the gas tank. I used Dynomax Race bullet mufflers and a Magnaflo X-pipe with Magnaflo Spun cat converters. The exhaust was dumped after the mufflers for my race setup.

Here is a sound clip of my car with the race exhaust setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExDUuvtNSw&feature=channel_page

For the street, there was another set of Magnaflo mufflers added. I don't have any pictures though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts