TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok art just sent me a ractive x-pipe......I thought ractive was junk!

I got this........

I was expecting this.....

-Derrick-

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
That top pic is actually the Magnaflow Tru-X.
I'm sure Ractive is just selling it as their own after a markup.
I have a magnaflow muffler mid-mounted now with the Tru-X core,and I think the quality is really good after looking at the alternatives.I had a Dr Gas X-pipe before,and it was a nice piece too.I'd feel OK with either one of them.
JL

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have those ractive x-pipes. I got them for like $40 on e-bay, they look great and the quality was top notch. Been on the car for like 10 months and no problems at all.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yea 2 :D . There's almost NO DRONE at all, just a little bit around 1700 and that's it. It also sounds a little different then a mark with 1 x. Kind of exotic sounding, I get so many complinents on it at gas stations and stuff. When they ask what's in it, or what I did to it, I just say "what do you mean, it's stock" :confused: freaks them out lol :uppoint: Supposodely it also help reduce the amount of low end torque that is lost by adding a free flowing exhaust, can't prove that it does that or not but I didn't notice any low end loss when it was installed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm doing the true duals thing very soon myself... if i just went duals back... no x pipe... Just straight back off each header, would it sound similiar to a X pipe setup? Just looking for a lower resonation and more of a mustang, hollow sound. No what I mean?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Would you go w/ 2.5" all the way up to the headers (shorties)? Or should I reduce the exhaust size to keep some torque? I am redoing my exhaust because I need to include cats and my current set up is inadequate judging by dyno information. I'm not running a stock engine and would like to make power over 3,000 rpms.

Oh and how will my exhaust sound with true duals(speedfreak.com), x-pipe, high flow cats and racing mufflers, and possibly chrome tips?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
95BLKLSC said:
I have those ractive x-pipes. I got them for like $40 on e-bay, they look great and the quality was top notch. Been on the car for like 10 months and no problems at all.

that looks wicked! got soundclips?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Lou's Custom Exhaust all the way. they're awesome. i'm pretty sure i rememebr him sayng lou's but if not, i recommend them anyway

Frank

·
Administrator
7,996 Posts
I've heard of them Frank, they have a few shops around. I believe the one up your way is the one to go to. The others aren't as good as the original I guess!

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Rodeo Joe said:
I've heard of them Frank, they have a few shops around. I believe the one up your way is the one to go to. The others aren't as good as the original I guess!

Joe
yea the only one i've been to is the original one in North Reading. i cant say anything good or bad about the others though as i have never personally been to them.

frank

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
we went throuh this double X thing quite awhile ago. It may change the sound, but there no performance benifit to the double X.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey sorry it took a while to respond to you guys. Sorry no sound clips yet on my computer, altough I should have some soon because I got my car dyno tuned by Jerry this weekend and got video of it. As far as sound, I think the main thing it does is eliminate a lot of drone, there isn't much with my exhaust. Yea Lou's did the work, the Plymouth shop. They did great work, no complaints. I don't know if there are any performance beneits, I don't expect there to be much. I know Geno from LMS (he's a tool anyway) said it helped gain some of the low end torque lost with a free flowing exhaust. But my main reason was for drone. I can say by looking at my dyno graph (not scanned yet) the tq curve is much flatter then I expected. I'm getting about 235 ft lbs of torque at 1500 rpms. I don't know what it was before my exhaust or the tune so I can only say the low end torque looks pretty good. And as for the sound, the combination of my muffs with the 2 x's is great. Many of the cars I heard at the tune this weekend sounded extremely raspy, sounded like pieces of metal clanking together almost. Mine didn't have any raspy sound, just smooth, pretty loud at WOT, and a deep growl. Very happy with what I put on, I'd go this way again for sure!

BTW...dyno results were 244 hp and 259 tq with the only real power adders being exhaust, underdrive crank pully, 03 GT MAF. I'm happy with the results.

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
i use to use the other style x-pipe which flows better but i need some thing more modular. the newer style x-pipe is all SS computer tig welded and polished. this new style allowed me to change my jig so that i could fit either one x-pipe or two stacked or a magnaflow two in two out setup this is because they all have the same center to center spacing. those x-pipes are not ractives they are another off shore mangnaflow knock off's. i belive all my t-bird stuff is still the older sytle still any ways but the tubing kits come setup to be more universal. also i am not allowed to sell twin x-pipes because Geno says it is trade marked by him so i sell them welded to gether in my kits as two cross over pipes welded together. LOL.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's funny about the trademarked thing, I highly doubt it is, but you never know. O well. I'm 99% sure mine are ractive x-pipes though. Even if they arn't it dosen't matter, the welds were all perfect, they fit up there good, and they have held up to all the road salt in the winter just fine. They are more golden looking after all the heat cycling but holding up great.

Dan have you found any performance difference at all as far as low end torque? Or do you offer this mainly to lessen drone?

BTW Dan how do you think those are for dyno numbers for my mark with minor mods? (exhaust, underdrive crank pully, and an 03GT MAF)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts