TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a BBK Xpipe from a 96 mustang... will it work with my 94 Bird with the 4.6? sorry if this is a stupid question...........

·
Registered
740 Posts
***Theoretically*** it should. BTW, no such thing as a stupid question.....Just stupid people that don't ask, then f**k something up. LOL

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha well yes atleast i am on here seeing if anyone else has had experience with this! haha

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
my buddy has a BBK Xpipe from a 96 mustang... will it work with my 94 Bird with the 4.6? sorry if this is a stupid question...........
It will not just bolt up, the headers are different between a mustang and a t-bird.

Yes you can use one but a muffler shop will have to modify it. I am running a 96-98 stang x-pipe on my car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats fine! do you happen to know how much tweaking it took? could one do it in a weekend, with piping?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
thats fine! do you happen to know how much tweaking it took? could one do it in a weekend, with piping?

A good muffler shop could do it in a couple of hours. I just cut the first 15" off of each side of my x-pipe and had the muffler shop make custom ends coming off of each of my headers and run them to the rest of my x

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok sorry one more question.... do you happen to remember an approx amount that was charged? i imagine that it will not be the exact same but i would assume that it would be relitively close.....?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ok sorry one more question.... do you happen to remember an approx amount that was charged? i imagine that it will not be the exact same but i would assume that it would be relitively close.....?
No I don't, sorry. It was a couple of years ago + at a friends shop so I got the hook up.

Having said all of this, what mods do have done to your car? It may not even be worth putting an x-pipe and full exhaust on your car if it is pretty much stock......in fact, it could hurt you depending on what your setup is.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh!!!! ok all that is done is no intake sielencer is there some more stuff i wanna do before i do exaust?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
oh!!!! ok all that is done is no intake sielencer is there some more stuff i wanna do before i do exaust?
The whole head,cams, and intake setup on your car are pretty restrictive. Going with a full 2.5" x-pipe and true duals is too much exhaust for your car......might gain you just a little on top end but you will lose low end torque doing that also.

If you really want duals, you can buy just an X section and have it put in where your exhaust currently comes to a Y. Then run only 2.25" max duals out the back from there. That wouldn't be a bad setup for you. You would probably see a little gain from this and would be a lot cheaper because you are only modifying the back half of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ok... so lets say i swap heads what would i want?
I'm running a PI engine with full bolt ons and about 11:1 compression.

my exhaust is shorty headers, 96-98 GT x-pipe (modified to fit) , no cats, dual 2.5" exhaust all the way back with 2 chamber flowmasters.

I would say I have at least 80HP over your stock 94 engine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nice!! what was the aprox. cost of that? besides your little hookup at the muffler shop! haha

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
nice!! what was the aprox. cost of that? besides your little hookup at the muffler shop! haha
More than I care to talk about LOL. Prices have come down some since I bought everything almost 5 years ago directly from Ford. New windsor block, complete assembled PI heads, blah blah blah. I would not suggest doing everything seperate like I did back then. Just try to find a good deal on a complete PI 4.6 out of a mustang or explorer and drop the whole thing in.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
More than I care to talk about LOL. Prices have come down some since I bought everything almost 5 years ago directly from Ford. New windsor block, complete assembled PI heads, blah blah blah. I would not suggest doing everything seperate like I did back then. Just try to find a good deal on a complete PI 4.6 out of a mustang or explorer and drop the whole thing in.
But it was nice seeing the plan come together to the end :thumbsup: Doing the same here "Little by Little "

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
But it was nice seeing the plan come together to the end :thumbsup: Doing the same here "Little by Little "
Thanks man! Back then, money was the reason why I bought piece by piece. Didn't have the funds to just go out and buy a complete engine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts