TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i ordered an x pipe off here and was wondering what would be the best place to install it. i thought about leaveing the original cats on and cut my exhaust off right where the y pipe hits at the front of the car, putting the x pipe there and running about 2 feet of exhaust to where it would stop like a foot right before the rear tires.im just looking for that real deep rumble from idle all the way up to cruising so if anybody has any info please let me know

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Your goingto run dumps or out the sides? You should probably replace the cats if its high milage

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to run dumps and to make it where my exhaust ends right after the rear seat and my car only has 103,000 on it i just need to know where to put my x pipe to give me that effect that i listed above

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that i havent found out yet im trying to get that mustang sound what i need to know is where to put the x pipe i know putting the mufflers closer to the car and having more of a tail pipe is what ive been told is what gives that more growl and rumble but thats on a mustang i need to know from a guy off here because i have a bird

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
You want the Mustang sound...

Forget the X pipe, put the muffler there instead, then run the pipes out the back of the car. That's what helps gives Mustangs that unique sound, the placement of the muffler in the piping. Chassis won't matter on that respect.

Plus I dunno how your inspections are, but around here, you need to at least have the pipes exiting somewhere around the edge of the car. You can't have dumps underneath the car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Would that give you alot of inside noise?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I ran my old 94 with no resonator or mufflers it got old it also sounded like poo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts