TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on re-dooing my exhaust sometime soon, and i was wondering what the easiest way to go about an x-pipe is. would it be good to cut the exhaust at the first two cats, then make an x then go from there? or would it be better off going straight off the manifolds. mind you, im going to keep the first two cats on. but i dont need the third, or the resonator. so i was wondering on some ideas, and i also dont think im going to run mufflers, but if i do, i will ask opinions on what sounds best.

let me know
-Marc

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I would suggest using :search: first. I think this is the biggest topic in the exhaust forum :) as for your question if you want to keep the stock cats run dual pipes from those 2.25 or 2.5 piping all the way back and mid mount a magnaflow dual in dual out muffler and put some tips on the end no mufflers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
But the dual one in dual out magnaflow is a muffler, doesn't it affect that it is used as resonator????.

If we use the dual one in dual out maganaflow in they can also put on some borla mufflers XS 14" or 13" don't I remember the measure well??? or are they recommended of 18"???

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
the dual in dual out magnaflow you can get with a true x core so its like having a xpipe there. If you want to hear it in action go to the sound clips in the main part of this forum and look for WES's sound clip its sounds great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts