TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Xcal2 adjust my speedo?Its off about 8mph and It says it can adjust the speedo for steeper gears.

·
Super Moderator
12,233 Posts
the xcal2 can only adjust the speedo for steeper gears on NEWER cars......your best bet is to get a DM speedcal or FRPP ReCalibrator .....you can buy it from any ford racing dealer.....

m-9731-t01 (square plug)
m-9731-t99 ( D-shaped plug

there are two "different" ones in the sense that they shape of the connectors to the VSS changed....our cars have the "D" shaped connector......you can still get either/or and it can still be wired in (for example, like if you find a good deal on a used one).....i got mine from www.blueovalchips.com, and the only one they got was the one for the newer vehicles with the Square-shaped plug......but after thinking bout it for a few moments and realizing that it just goes spliced in-between the original vehicle-connector and the VSS, i made it work :D

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
I ordered my speed cal from Blue oval on Monday and I still haven't
been approved its still pending approval !

Thats pretty weak man , looks like its gonna take three weeks for me to get my
speed cal .

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I can look for myself but what do they normally cost?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
105 from Blue Oval , 99 .99 Dallas Mustangs

My order shipped today

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool.Thanks.I'm gonna go check it out over on blue oval.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
No problem dude, enjoy!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
there are two other factors...a tire that is taller or shorter from the factory will skew the speedo, as will not changing the gear in the VSS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.