TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can it be set up for 87 than switch for 93 on track days for best prformance on bolth? gas is not cheap and I want to do the 03 explorer swap with 01 gt mass air, 3.73, 01gt trans j-moded, and underdrive pullies. the xcalibrator looks like a good option. but could someone tune it for what I want it too do? how dose it work? would I have the programs in my laptop and download the one I want too use at the time? :confused: I have no idea how this stuff works.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
the Xcal2 can hold your stock tune + 3 custom tunes (no need to hold extra tunes on a laptop if you dont need them)........normally it comes with 1 custom tune, and the other two would be extra $$.......but since the only difference between an 87-tune and a 93-tune would most likely be very few/small changes, you could probably get both tunes for a decent price.....email user Lonnie to find out more details

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
yes.. the xcal 2 does have data logging capabilities when hooked up to a laptop/PC and running the proper program

tis also an OBD-2 scanner

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
yes this is exactly what i have ... 87 fuel economy tune and 93 performance tune. When i fill up with 93 i simply take a few mins to reprogram and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That's the most common request I get with the Tbirds.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
aceospades said:
lonnie this would cast 375.00 or more for the extra tune?

when you buy the xcal, it will be blank. Lonnie will send you your file, which is 2 files, but will be set up for your application, there will be one for 93 octane and one for 87 octane. Keep in mind, you will have to go to the downloads section of SCT's site and DL the xtreme tune and live link software to DL the tune to the xcal and run the datalogger.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The XCal 2s are still going for 375 with 2 custom NA programs until the end of the month.

The programs are specifically built for per your requests and vehicle modifications. Then loaded into the device before shipped. When you receive the device it is ready to go, just follow the directions and reflash your vehicle.

You will also receive the same programs that are loaded in the device through email. These will be in a different format so that you can use them with the Extreme Tuner software. So if you wanted to make any minor adjustments to the programs in the device you would use the files that were emailed to you. Once you make the changes you save that file under a new name then down load it into the device over writing the one in it. Once that is done you can reflash the vehicle with the changed program.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hmmm it doesn't sound as complicated as i thought it would be ...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Franky-5-Fingaz said:
hmmm it doesn't sound as complicated as i thought it would be ...

yank the fuel pump and fan fuses, plug in the xcal, follow the directions. loading new files is a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A battery charger or one of those battery packs used for jumping works just fine also. Quicker than searching for the fuses. Also after the first time it doesn't take but a minute or so to change the program and you won't run the battery down.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Lonnie said:
A battery charger or one of those battery packs used for jumping works just fine also. Quicker than searching for the fuses. Also after the first time it doesn't take but a minute or so to change the program and you won't run the battery down.

scarily, my fuses are marked :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts