TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about but in not sold on it yet.
Who has it and do you like it?
How much is it costing you monthly?

Thanks for the reply’s!

·
Registered
189 Posts
id like to hear a lil more about this too, that xm stuff sounds pretty cool. i listen to the radio a LOT, and that would be the perfect thing for me!

MadMax

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I got XM radio. I think its the best! its like 9.99 a month and you pay quarterly so its like $34 every 3months And you get like 100+ channels.

I never listen to normal radio anymore. You get new, sports, and music. You can even listen to the comedy channel. They have stand-ups on there. Its nice to drive to work and listen to music and not all the damn morning shows on normal radio where you might get 1 or 2 songs on the way to work.

I have never had a problem with losing the signal. It does sometimes in a parking garage and stuff like that.

Ask me more question and i will anwser them for you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering about the antenna. Does it have to go on the out side of your car and if it does how easy is it to remove it so no one steals it? I wanted to put in my back dash. Think it will work?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
yea all the antenna go on the outside and are easy to remove. The antenna is the only problem with xm.

I heard someone said they are making neww antennas

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Does it get online radio stations. I doubt it, but I want Digitally imported in my car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
YES DI RULES!!!!! There was a thread on their forums about this HanMan.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Highly rated...

I've had it since it rolled out in Nov in the upper states... Pay quarterly and have had no problems ever... Comedy, some of the better talk radio if you want it (with a lot less commercials, and radio the way it was meant to be... with music on it...

Maybe played 3 CDs in my deck since I installed my decoder... and one of those was a friends that he wanted to hear on my subs...

-mj

·
Registered
230 Posts
It will take off...

...I know that GM is going to start offering it as an option in 2003 on a lot of their models. We just got the literature at our dealership about the XM radio packages.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I kinda want to get it, but not for the money. are there any other stereos that work with xm so you don't have to buy the little adapter? I don't like a lot of the pioneers cause the one's that I would even consider putting in my car cost like $300. I've always liked cd players with motion, that's the reason I got my JVC. How about Sirius? does that work the same? have been looking at kenwoods and thought about getting that. I like kenwoods a lot better and the ones I like are around 200. although, if I buy a cd player, I'll probably get the black sony xplod that they sell at walmart. I like the looks of those and they go with my subs. also the panasonics look good too.

[email protected]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/93cougarxr7se

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
for pioneer, I bought my stereo online from someplace. In the store is was $280 and i only paid like $190 for it. I got the satallite receiver for $130 instead of $200. Just look around, DONT BUY FOR BEST BUY. You can buy everything dirt cheap online and who cares if they stole it or it "fell off the truck". Just be happy you get it cheap.

I would stay with XM over the other one. XM was the first and it will be the biggest. Also the other one costs like $13 a month instead of $10

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
My alpine works with the XM, but then again its way too expensive. I like it, but ill like it more once i get some use out of it.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'm pretty sure your Head Unit says XM ready on it if it has controlls on it. If it's compatible with XM all it does is it's got controls on the H.U., and it has display on it too. If it doesn't work you can buy some extra computer thing but it costs like$100 I think, don't quote me on that. If it costs that much, I'd just sell my player and get one that's compatible, that's probably what they're going for with that, selling more pioneer H.U.'s. I think you can check it out at a Wal-Mart. They have stuff for a lower price there compared to Crutchfield. I got my 6x8's there for $60 a pair, and they were $80 on Crutchfield. I also got my MTX sub at Radio Shack for $20 less than Crutchfield. It's kinda funny, the guy that owns our R.S., when he runs out of amps and stereos, he's gone over to Wal-Mart, bought stuff and brought it back and marked it up $20.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes, Your HU will probably proudly (whether you like stickers all over your HU or not) dispay the XM radio Compatible symbol. Couldn't they just stick this sticker on the box where they should be advertising? You usually care what its compatible with while you buying not after you mount it.

PS I can find away to ***** about nething. Try me.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
if you have any newer post '98 (I think that's the year) model with the blue colored plug in the back (for CD changer) then you have an XM compatible receiver whether it says so or not!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really enjoy my XM setup.......My antenna is in the back dash hopefully to prevent any shnook messing with it.....I don't listen to local radio anymore and the selection of music and sports is of the hook......Get it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
TurboCat said:
if you have any newer post '98 (I think that's the year) model with the blue colored plug in the back (for CD changer) then you have an XM compatible receiver whether it says so or not!
Thats not true. That blue plug is the IP-Buss plug. And pioneer has been putting those plugs on there just about forever. That plug is used for TV's, cd changers, ect. Yes the XM receiver plugs into there but that doesn't mean it XM ready. The head unit will say XM ready if it is. I dont think XM radios started coming out until 2001.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
What does your hu do other than control it and show the station? Would it be cheaper for me to sell my current stereo for $100 and get a new Pioneer stereo for a couple hundred instead of buying all the stuff for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts