TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
XR-7

Simple question......what is XR-7? From what i could find...XR stands for "experimental racing" but what's up with the 7? Is that right? "experimental racing"? And.....yes i did search the forums and didn't find much.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
eXperimental Racing 7Liter...the first Cougars built as XR7s had the 427 liter motor. I believe they were SCCA cars.

joseph
a 427 liter engine???...... that's like 25,791 cid!!! lol

just messin wit ya :D

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
guitar maestro said:

a 427 liter engine???...... that's like 25,791 cid!!! lol

just messin wit ya :D
Geek

:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see....thanks for the info.
Wonder why the name stuck throughout the years? Up until recently i never even knew MN-12 Cougars were raced. Pretty cool stuff! I guess they're not "to heavy" after all....:)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
BlueEyedDevil said:
Wonder why the name stuck throughout the years? Up until recently i never even knew MN-12 Cougars were raced. Pretty cool stuff! I guess they're not "to heavy" after all....:)
the original XR7 cars with the 427 were built in the late '60s.

joseph

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
BlueEyedDevil said:
Nope. They are too heavy after all :D

I am of course, sort of at least kidding...your garden-variety MN12 Cougar is one fat woman!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Palmguy said:

Nope. They are too heavy after all :D

I am of course, sort of at least kidding...your garden-variety MN12 Cougar is one fat woman!

LOL!!! :uppoint:

That "Coolcats" link is just what i'm talkin' about....cool stuff.
Now......what about MN-12 T-birds? Were they ever road raced?

Wasn't somebody talkin' about making a clone of one of those IMSA GTO Cougars? That would be so cool to have one that's still street legal...Imagine one of those in your rear view mirror!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBird232ci said:
well...the mn12 was never raced in road racing...the body and name was used, but those cars were strictly tube frames, and they were live axle cars

Good point.......and they call it "stock car" racing? WTF?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts