TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I just read in a post it looks like the Xr7 console tops could be gotten in actual "interior color" not just black like in the Thunderbird. Is this true? I suppose I am asking more for the console compartment lid more than anything.

Also does anyone know if an XR7 console compartment lid will fit on a Thunderbird? I have never seen one to know if it is the same console or not.

If they are the same and the XR7 lid was in tan would anyone have one and want to sell or trade for something they need?

[email protected]

Thanks,

~Mercy

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Yeah they're the same exact part only different color. I have a t-bird console in my 94 cougar because I like the black better.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
mercury267 said:
Thanks guys ... now all I have to do is find a tan Cougar console compartment lid.

Thank you ... I'll keep my eyes open.

Damn! I wish I hadn't thrown mine away, I didn't think anyone would want it. Oh well. Good luck. Maybe you can find someone with a cougar who will want to trade for your black one.

Mike

·
Registered
647 Posts
Are you looking for the console lid or the piece that goes around the gearshift with the ashtray? There was one in the junkyard yesterday with a tan interior but I didn't notice what condition the lid was in. The console piece looked to be in good condition with the ashtray lid still unbroken. I'll be going back to the yard at the beginning of next week if you want me to check it out.

I have a pair of tan front seat side panels if you're looking for any. I was gonna paint them grey for my car but I found a grey pair yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts