TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was wondering for the people who got y pipes instead of X-pipes what increases when it comes to sound...more drone more go or less drone less muscle sound like?...im gettin tonight and i was jus wondering...im gonna take out the 3rd cat and install a 2.5in custom Y-Pipe in its place...

i know a lot of people that have gotten an X-Pipe with true dual piping and it had a lot of drone on thier car...what about a Y-Pipe?...anyone have any sound clips?..

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes im talkin about the 3rd cat....cuz i heard a bird with the same set up as me...and his car had more drone cuz he has a X-pipe for duals...i got the y-pipe but on already adn it sounds great...

what i want to do in the future is have a magna flow dual in dual out muffler in the 3rd cats place and run dual pipes back to 17in long 3in wide chrome tips..slant cut of course...

·
Registered
476 Posts
From what people have told me the x pipe makes it sound more like a european sports car sound and an h pipe is the more american muscle car sound. The y pipe instead of a third cat probably will sound a little meaner it will let the sound reverberate alittle more rather then deading it in catlyst.

Will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts