TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone hear about Yahoo and Msn's new merger?....my mom heard it on the news earlier...

clicky clicky

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Now I won't need Trillian? So...who's the man in this merger? Who's on top? (Not TRYING to offend anyone.) I don't like to read. :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldnt supprise me if it was gates....but then again I think they are trying to compete with google messenger and gmail

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Palmguy said:
No way...Google is late to the IM game, Yahoo and MS have AIM in their crosshairs.
Wrong.

MSN is in talks with AOL, Google is now in talks with AOL. MS definately views Google as a threat and needs to stop it's momentum someway. Anything they can do to hurt Google, they are going to do.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Wrong.

MSN is in talks with AOL, Google is now in talks with AOL. MS definately views Google as a threat and needs to stop it's momentum someway. Anything they can do to hurt Google, they are going to do.
I'm not talking about future numbers, I'm talking about now. I can't find the article I read yesterday, but AIM currently owns the IM kingdom, and MSN and Y! occupy 2nd and 3rd position. Could Google be a future threat? Sure...and of course it makes sense to try to preempt that. But right now, the market share to be gained by Yahoo and Microsoft rests with AOL.

EDIT: I have just read some opinions that say that the collaboration agreement is a defensive measure against Google. Not saying that isn't the case, just that right now AIM is king.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
And MSN is in talks with AOL right now too, remember where I work. :tongue: This is very simply a pre-emptive strike on Google.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Hehe. AIM is one I almost never use. Maybe more when I'm using Trillian, but I don't care for the look of AIM. Looks old compared to MSN and Yahoo. Not as user friendly either.

Many people use AOL, though, so that's probably why more people use AIM, too.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I don't use anything but Trillian... why bother installing adware on my machine when I don't need to?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Brother didn't want me installing Trillian on his computer. I update Yahoo and his Internet Explorer messes up. Mine did that to begin with, but then fixed itself. Still downloaded Firefox.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts