TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was running consistent 14.9s tonight!... this after going to a motorsport 65mm TB... I think it's still a bit slow for my combo, but w/o dyno time or a tuner at this point, I'm sure it could be improved upon at least another .3 or so just in tuning. The car is running 93-94 mph, and the 60' times are 2.3 or 2.2, so there is some definate improvement to be had there as well... I think that's the best I can do on the pretty hard 2 y/o pirelli's I'm running.

-Jim

NOTE: You guys may notice that this is a bit old now... I am running 14.4's now

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Nice! 14's are something to be proud of :).

Do you get alot of spinning in 1st? A set of new stickier tires may help with getting launched better, which could give you .3 right there ;).

So are all your mods in your sig?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah 14s for our cars in pretty tough :)

All of my mods are in the sig, unless I forgot something... seems like awfully few for all the time that's been put in lol

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
BosNA302 said:
Yeah 14s for our cars in pretty tough :)

All of my mods are in the sig, unless I forgot something... seems like awfully few for all the time that's been put in lol
He has Gen I SC wheels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes!!! I knew I forgot something, nice catch lol

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Where did you get your 65mm with correct linkage? Did you just take one from a Supercoupe?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought a mustang one and cut the linkage/shaft down 3/4" and then welded the linkage from my old TB to the shaft. works great

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Don't you also have an aluminum radiator and electric fan?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yeah, I have a modine alum radiator and two electric fans lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not bad buddy, welcome into the next step of speed. I know what you meen about the mods and all the time put into the car. I'm in college right now so everything comes little by litte for me. My original goal was to have a 14sec car. And I got it with a Chip, no air scilencer, and 70 degree weather (rare in FL, but it was November). My first 14sec run was a 14.89 @ 94. Then later came a Art Carr Valve Body, and 5% blower pully, and minor exhaust mods, and I hit 14.5. I want to get a ZR Motorsports cold air induction kit and an intercooler fan. Now I want 13's, will I ever be satisfied?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
NO, you'll want 12's soon enough. :)

BosNA302, how was it putting the 94 Inst. cluster in? Did you have just a standard cluster before? I kind of want to change over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The cluster is a *****... I had the mitchell wiring guides... I had to swap almost every pin. It was worth it though... the base cluster SOHKS

-Jim

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You should either look at a set of heads, or a torque converter, or both. The TC would probably be my next step. That would probably knock close to half a second off of your time with a good (PI) converter.

John

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who? I already have a converter... and full manual valve body... not sure who made it.. got it from level ten in NJ some years ago. heads.. don't really need them yet, stock heads, N/A, tuned well, can make enough rwhp to touch 14 flat... provided I can launch :) There's another .7-.8 to be tuned out of my current combo easy.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I just noticed you didn't list it in your signature. I know there is a guy by the handle RL that was running in the 13's with fewer mods that what you listed, but with ported stock heads and a good converter. What kind of cam are you running?

John

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's possible to do with fewer mods, but what weather did he run in. If you run in 30 degree temps you'll be damn fast but in FL we don't get that chance often. I question the guy running 13's with less mods. But who knows, could be.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
He runs that fast. He hangs out more on corral than over here. He runs up in ohio, has a 92 cougar I believe. Actually he probably has about the same mods. He runs a pretty high stall converter, as well as at least 4.10 gears, and he runs the crap out of it.

John

·
Registered
278 Posts
Gotch-ya. The hi stall converter explains alot. I was gonna get one but I don't want to run the crap outa the rear end. I don't think the Traction-Lok can handle the abuse and I don't have my Eaton yet.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BlownMerc said:
Gotch-ya. The hi stall converter explains alot. I was gonna get one but I don't want to run the crap outa the rear end. I don't think the Traction-Lok can handle the abuse and I don't have my Eaton yet.
the stock trac-loc? lots of people are running high stall converters with stock differentials. youd probably blow up an open rear end before a trac-loc rear.

btw, can you shorten that sig a little? thank you much.

·
Registered
278 Posts
But I like my sig.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts