TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I am going to have a divorce under my belt now too! Who knew that my 30th year could bring so much change! My cat was killed, my wife ran off and left me with my son, forcing me to divorce her, and now my 96 Sport was hit by an 18 wheeler! Now I'm hearing about shootings right next to my alma mater's campus. What's next? I think it can only get better from here :)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
That sucks to hear about. At least you still have your mid-life crisis to look forward to. :tongue:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Man, that's a crappy hand to be dealt with. I wish the best of luck to ya!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Makes me think of a song goes like this

"Where do we go from here?/And should we really care/The end is finally here/God Have Mercy!"

I wanna say the answer to your question is "Welcome to Tomorrow" ...its fitting iwth the song.

Goodluck Rob keep your head up!

Are you keeping the burd?

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's hard to do, but look at the good side - you and your son are still together ! Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good luck with your new life. Things can only get better from here.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sucks to hear Rob, I'm going through the same stuff right now at age 25, the wife took off with a co worker last year, got hooked on heroin, pawned everything she owns, most of everything I own. Shes fighting for custody of our kid, and in the great state of Illinois they like to side with the mother no matter how bad of a person she is. I've tried taking her back but she keeps lying and pulling the same crap. Think of this as a new beginning, you were probably better off without her anyway. Just be there for you son, no matter how bad it gets your boy will always love you.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Sucks to hear Rob, I'm going through the same stuff right now at age 25, the wife took off with a co worker last year, got hooked on heroin, pawned everything she owns, most of everything I own. Shes fighting for custody of our kid, and in the great state of Illinois they like to side with the mother no matter how bad of a person she is. I've tried taking her back but she keeps lying and pulling the same crap. Think of this as a new beginning, you were probably better off without her anyway. Just be there for you son, no matter how bad it gets your boy will always love you.
Man that is awful I hope you get custody of your son. Im from IL so yes I know the custody battle a brother went through was tough. She, the exwife of my bro, was total white trash and my brother was looking to be a good dad and he still had to fight for custody.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Man, that's terrible...things can only get better though...this reminds me, I need to schedule that damn vasectomy...

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I'm sorry about the times you're going through.....

So Rob, do you still have an MN-12 or do we need to get you one?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol thanks for all the support. Sounds like I'm probably lucky to be in TX, not IL first off lol. I'm also lucky for the fact that my wife doesnt want to do anything but drink with her friends as much as possible. I am so thankful for that. She only gets into "mother mode" on sunday/monday. Really I think my son is what's keeping me from losing my mind any worse about all this. I have been putting up with lots of BS that has been getting progressively worse over the past 6 years. The first year or two was so great though!

My bird is in the driveway. The adjuster is coming out tomorrow so hopefully in a few weeks she will be good as new. It still drives, but the fender cuts on the tire when I hit bumps. I am hoping to get this bird painted Amber Fire Pearl Metallic like the other and maybe a cowl hood. I will probably have to pay extra for this, but it would be so worth it :)

Vasectomy......I dont think I could go through with it, lol. I look at it like this, if my wife gave me nothing else good at all, she did give me my son. Of course, reminding him that mommy still loves him and all that is really taking a toll on me because I just want to bad mouth her so bad!! :) I can save that for adults though. Again, thanks for all the replies. It's nice to feel like I'm not so alone out here.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol I did too :) Looks like my son's pug dug under the fence while were were at church sunday too! What is up with all these *****es trying to get out of my life? lol

On a side note, the old wifey and I will be meeting up at my lawyers office to write up our agreement and then going to the courthouse to switch the title on my v10 truck to her. Wish me luck, guys! Pray for me if you get a chance! I know I have been. That's probably why things have been going so swimmingly. Thanks again for all the good replies!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had that problem with my 2 dogs digging out, too. I ran a single strand of electric fence wire a few inches off the ground all the way around, they each got a couple pops from it and no more digging anywhere near the fenceline. Have to keep the grass trimmed off of it or it grounds out. Luckily they dont know that, though. Try to look up, things will be better soon!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^Good idea! I'm about to be dog-less soon when my wife comes and takes her old cocker spaniel. If I ever get another mutt, I'm gonna keep that electric fence in mind!

·
Registered
738 Posts
On a side note, the old wifey and I will be meeting up at my lawyers office to write up our agreement and then going to the courthouse to switch the title on my v10 truck to her.
So, is this part of the divorce the 'punishment' section? I only see you winning from that particular development, especially with what gas goes for nowadays...lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts