TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Failed head gasket at 119k. So, its time to buy a different car. I loved this car, but I knew this day would come. :(

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
so this calls for a change to the sig? lol

sad to hear. what are you gonna do with the car?

·
Registered
663 Posts
thats it then? just calling it done because of a head gasket? sad. i hate to see another one out in the pickinpull

·
Registered
674 Posts
oh, i'm sure he'll sell it to someone on here pretty cheap... *wink wink*:zwall:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i could afford to get it fixed or had the time, I'd definitely do it. However, it would need to be completed in 1 weekend since it is my daily driver. That being said, according to the dealer, the HG is on its way out. If someone knows how to fix this really cheap for me I'm all up for it. But alas, it needs to be done basically in a weekend.

Suggestions? Help? Sanity?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I could do it in a day, but I don't think you are going to drive here for me to do it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as tempting as it is, i don't think the kitty would make it there. But I do appreciate the offer. I'd need someone locally to do it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But i'm entertaining the thought of anyone who may want to purchase it.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I forgot are you in the Green Bay area or Madison area?

Check www.Craigslist.com under "Services" and then "Automotive"

There are a handful of grease monkeys that are looking to make a quick buck. If not then scan the yellow pages and get some quotes from local shops. Don't throw away such a nice car just because of the HG.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know its bad to toss the car because of the head gasket, but I need it fixed or have the car replaced. I love the Cougar. Would love to have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Worst case, just rent a cheap car for the week while it's being fixed.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I'm sure if you call around it would be a weekend job for a local guy or a day or two at best for a shop during the week.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the only problem is that it would run anywhere from 800 to 1200 roughly to get it fixed. :(
and unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
John-Madison,

I have the complete gasket set. If you can find some one with tools and place to do it, I'd sell you that gasket set for what I paid for it.

If you think you can get to the Cedar Rapids area of Iowa, I know a guy that may be able to do it in a weekend.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
the only problem is that it would run anywhere from 800 to 1200 roughly to get it fixed. :(
and unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money.
and you will find another car that runs well for the same price?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It doesn't sound like the head gasket is completely gone yet, but it will be shortly. How much would someone charge to fix this for me? I may be able to get the kitty down there for repairs if it is inexpensive enough.

John-Madison,

I have the complete gasket set. If you can find some one with tools and place to do it, I'd sell you that gasket set for what I paid for it.

If you think you can get to the Cedar Rapids area of Iowa, I know a guy that may be able to do it in a weekend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts