TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the shop Robbie found deserves more credit than I thought it did originally.

I have to admit I like this Chop-o fellows work, his prices are fair and the quality is exceptional plus he doesn't mind doing things like chopping off cats :D

I think he actually spells it Chapo, but pronounces it chopo... either way though he does great work.

His shop is open Saturday 8am-5pm I think and of course durring the week, but I have a full time job so the whole Saturday thing was ideal! For whatever reason he doesn't make appointments, but the work is worth the wait. I just showed up at 8am and he was finished by 10am which is exceptional for a man who sliced his hand open the previous night on a muffler, knicked an artery, and received 40+ stitches, also he was helping another person install flame shooters in their exhaust tips between working on my cars exhaust, I'm shocked he still came in to work, talk about dedication.

He also didn't mind that I stood there and occasionally got in the way while watching him work on my car, I know some shops absolutely hate having there customers watch them work, but he didn't mind.

Heres what I had done... they cut the third cat cut off right after the rear o2's, than they welded in 2 1/4in pipe into a dual in dual out magnaflow mid mounted muffler, after the muffler they routed two pipes snaking around the gas tank very very nicely, than the drivers side pipe routed to the drivers side of the differential housing and the passenger side pipe routed to the passenger side of the differential housing, the pipes after the mid mounted muffler were each one piece, they then attached a pipe to each of the ones exiting under the differential, and placed the dynomax mufflers Robbie provided to me into the stock location, after mounting all of that they looked at me and simply asked... what are your plans to finish it? What kind of tips? Turn downs? Angle cuts? What do you want? I told them that just regular turn downs would be fine (half expecting them to cut the ones off of the factory mufflers)... less than 30 seconds later they pull brand new chrome tips out and put them in place and ask me to show them how far I want them to stick out. I show them, they welded them in and installed hangers and it was all done. It went very smoothly. They asked me if I wanted any of the old piping, so I kept the 3rd cat and piping back to the y pipe, I told them I had no interest for the factory mufflers or y pipe and they hucked them into a dumpster. All the pipe was mandrel bent 2 1/4. Service was great. Cost of piping, tips, install and labor was $200. I provided the mufflers.

I like how it sounds, some might like it better without the rear mufflers.

Name of the shop is AAA muffler and exhaust.

Any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
humm no sound clip lol because I'm lazy, and 3 mufflers because I got the rears for free... I may take them off eventually. I like how it sounds right now. Its agressive without being too loud. If I absolutely fall in love with how Gordon's sounds without rear mufflers I may have them replace the last section of pipe with straight pipe and tips. I've heard how yours sounds, its nice but just not for me.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
but 3 mufflers??!!!! lol

i understand what you mea about the right sound, but 3 sounds a lil too much plus the dynomax mufflers are only a little bit louder than stock mufflers so removing the 2 in the rear wont change it as much as you think.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, so for now they stay! :D 3!!! HA! :tongue:

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,578 Posts
vegas huh? i think i will take the 3 hour drive and go hack them off myself lol.

i guess we wont know for sure what it sounds like with 3 mufflers till we hear a sound clip.
Ok Porkchop, meet me at my place, we'll go over to his place in the middle of the night. you do the right one, ill get the left. We'll be done in 3 min...he'll never know what hit him:diablo:

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
blah blah blah, it sounds fine for now many agree, including a few locals like robbie and your co-worker Chris, I'll probably be getting it re-done anyway because of my pumpkin swap.

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,578 Posts
blah blah blah, it sounds fine for now many agree, including a few locals like robbie and your co-worker Chris, I'll probably be getting it re-done anyway because of my pumpkin swap.
its too quite for a vicious street machine! Lets get out the sawzall!!:zdevil:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.