• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of my headlight covers? The problem is that it almost makes the headlights useless @ night, but nothing some Xenon driving lights can't fix.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I like em, but I am biased, I got em also, :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
where did u get them...

where did you get those from? I dont see the GTS or GTO whatever it is on them. How much did u pick them up for?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: where did u get them...

BlackTbird96 said:
where did you get those from? I dont see the GTS or GTO whatever it is on them. How much did u pick them up for?
I got em off ebay for about $40 shipped, and they are GTO's. I just scratched the sticker off, and WD-40ed the residue. Then I cleaned em off with Windex. If you want some, www.autobarn.com sells em.

Also, Tazer999, do you use yours at night? If so, how you see @ night?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yah, I use my headlight/taillight/fog light/side marker blackouts at nite. I have some hyper brights in the headlights/fog lights tho, so seeing asin't that much of a pain.

My high beams/low beams/fog lights on at once with the blackouts on appear to be as bright as when I just had my low beams on before without the blackouts, :rolleyes:

Oh well, I like em, :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tazer999 said:
Yah, I use my headlight/taillight/fog light/side marker blackouts at nite. I have some hyper brights in the headlights/fog lights tho, so seeing asin't that much of a pain.

My high beams/low beams/fog lights on at once with the blackouts on appear to be as bright as when I just had my low beams on before without the blackouts, :rolleyes:

Oh well, I like em, :)
Yeah, I'm gonna get some driving lights that'll hopefully balance both out. Also, if I wanna make the driving lights kinda a bit hidden, by tucking them inside the air dam more, would it decrease the performance of the lights?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i liked them on shaun day's black 97, but he had cobra R's and tinted windows that set the whole car off very nicely. something about headlight covers just screams ghetto to me, i have no idea why.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
J-Rob said:
i liked them on shaun day's black 97, but he had cobra R's and tinted windows that set the whole car off very nicely. something about headlight covers just screams ghetto to me, i have no idea why.

I don't think they're ghetto, but I think it's kinda thuggish.

·
Registered
825 Posts
You can't see the rear blackouts or any of the other blackouts, but here is a pic with the front blackouts and the tinting

PS: The sc wheels are coming off finally, I am putting some boyd coddingtons on it this weekend

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I like headlight covers especially on a black car, but couldn't you paint them to match any car color? I like the chrome fan wheels too, what years were them available? I seen a 94-95 Cougar at night on the 4th of July with fan wheels, I didn't get a chance to see the center caps though, as he was moving. Would a certain type of Cougar center cap fit? I don't think the 93-95 one would though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Any ideas on how to paint them? I have a green car and I wonder how green ones would look. I guess I could just photoshop it. Also, as far as seeing at night, you cant. Its fine on maine streets is stl with street lights but when you get on a back road you cant see ****. I bought driving lights and that promptly fixed the problem. I usually just take them off anyway at night because it takes 2 secs.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
youll need to add flex additive to the paint to avoid cracking. one of my friends had his headlight covers sprayed while his car was being painted, they just added the flex stuff and they came out just fine. he only used them for show of course, they were useless at night

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ShadowDragon said:

And this differs from the smoke ones how? ;)
He got the clear ones, and painted them a different color. That probably made the 100% useless @ night, as where the smoke ones allow you to see a tiny bit.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
almost makes me want to repaint my 90 black and get headlight covers instead of doing a color change to midnight blue... ALMOST.... heh. looks greats, i almost bought a pair back when my car was black (right now its in the middle of sanding) but money was low then, now its comin in decent so im doing hella lots to it.. -greg

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I like the GTS headlight covers too, but wish they were clip-ons, instead of Velcro.

When I get time, I am going to make my own set of clip-ons.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.