TCCoA Forums banner

Yay or Nay

3K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  cjchevez 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well I was worried about going to 3.73's being it's still a daily driver....

#5 ·
Acording to the little tire/wheel calculator I would be going from about 2k rpms at 80 to about 2600 @ 80. I know the performance benefit would be huge going to the 3.73's. Especially over the 3.08's I got now.

#7 ·
3.73's are perfect for a daily driver. stock i would go 70mph @ 2000 rpm and with 3.73's i went 70mph @ 2250rpm. Not TOO much of a jump but that just gives you an idea on how little it affects it.

here the same seller has one for 20 bucks starting bid ending in less than 2 hours.

check it out and return it if it doesnt say 3.73

#8 ·
The calculator is very close. It's actually about 2100 or 2200

#10 ·
Decisions decisions. It would be handy if I could pick the gears up cheap. But I don't know how long it will be till I can get the trackloc and setup kit.......

#11 ·
I average between 16 and 18 mpg now. On the road I get about 21 max.

#12 ·
Has anyone had any issues picking up used gears? Also, Alan. Are yours used?

#14 ·
I do have a bit of a heavy foot. But that's about all my brother got when he owned it before me and his foot isn't quite as heavy as mine. I check it almost every tank. The last tank was 16.8

#17 ·
Thats good news.

#16 ·
Just curious, but how many miles do have on the car? The reason I ask is I wonder if your oxygen sensors are original or older than 100k miles. Also, have you cleaned your MAF sensor lately and done plugs, wires, filters, and checked for vacuum leaks? I think you should be seeing a lot better mileage than that.

#18 ·
As far as I know the o2 sensors are the originals as is the fuel filter. I plan on replacing them all soon. The maf is also going to be cleaned again soon. The stock one died about a year ago. When I replaced it the mileage did not improve.

Edit: The car as about 137k on it now

#19 ·
#20 ·
#24 ·
No I didn't notice that actually. :D

#27 ·
I never said I was my mothers smartest child........

#30 ·
It would appear that we now have a bit of a bidding war on our hands....Don't worry cjchevez I won't out bid you again. I don't want them that bad yet..... I just thought that if I could pick them up quickly and cheeply now it would be nice.

#34 ·
I only bid once on that set , I noticed you didnt see the other sets . lol

I really would not pay more than 50.00 I dont need them yet .
:tongue:

#31 ·
now remember guys he has 3.08, so he is going to need a chip reburn for the 3.73s I have the same problem, so I'm stuck with 3.55, unless someone has a chip they want to let go cheap? :rolleyes: Anything is better than 3.08 with a v6 i suppose, and he has a v8 so hell he should get even more out of it. just my .02

man let the bidding war begin! lol i picked up some 3.55s out a 2006 GT with 2k miles for $50 so i thought that was a decent deal

#32 ·
3.73's is probley the best gear you can have for the street.If anything my city driven mpg went up.Highway suffers a bit but the car has no problem getting up to speed with very little throttle.I drive back 20 miles round trip to work.So I do at least 120 miles back and forth to work a week.Plus all my other driveing I maybe lose a half of a tank a week.Besides I drive it hard half of the time.

#33 ·
I use the theory "run or blow" after it's up to operating temp :D

#35 ·
I actually bid on all of them up to about $30

#36 ·
I still need more cash before I can start buying more parts .
It would have been nice though ! lol

#37 ·
How do you like your under drives chevez?

#38 · (Edited)
I really cant tell the difference because I installed them when
I did my pi head / intake swap .

What I can tell you is that I haven't experienced problems from the pulleys
like the battery draining , not to sure about my temps though It climes to about
3/4 on the gauge . It comes back down quickly to 1/2 on the gauge .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.