TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I became an honorary member of the HG club. :bangwall: Well turns out the headgasket went because the metal that seperates the coolant from the cylinder disappered somehow. Anyways my question is I got it all put back together and now when i crank the car to start the tach bounces around. I dont recall it ever doing that before. Are the plug wires wrong or what would cause that? Also the radiator appears to be leaking along the passanger side now, possibly damaged from over heating, is there any way of fixing it? It looks like it is leaking where the metal meets the plastic. By the way it is a 93 3.8 thunderchicken.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wouldn't suggest "fixing" a broken radiator, Its always better to get a new, and possibly even bigger, one. You don't want to risk another blown HG. =)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
you might replace your temp sensors too... fan and gauge sender..... also your o2 sensors are prolly toast from being doused in coolant.... definitely replace that radiator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the rad. is replaced still having problems with the bouncing tach (jumping up when cranking). any ideas about that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this morning i finally got it to start after messing with the plug wire order for hours :D. now i am worried that there might be another problem. It appears coolant is coming out of a spark plug hole. What could cause that?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
ohh, sounds like a cracked head. verify where the leak is, and get back to us.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hope (and doubt) its not the head since i swapped it off a motor that was running till it threw a rod. could it be excess coolant from where I didnt manage to get it all out?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
did you get the heads milled? they could have warped and are not sitting flush with the deck. if any coolant was left in the cylinders (there shouldn't be anyway), it would be blown out through the exhaust. find out where this leak is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts