TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Heres the story me 1994 3.8 me want 94-95 Mustang 5.0 the tranny's are the same i think, I know i need a new computer, rear end, kooks headers custom motor mounts and alot of patience. Can someone let me know what else is involved i don't want to waste $700 on an engine that i can't use will the computer plug right into the stock harness???

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
nope it wont! go find a complete 5.0 tbird or cat. your a year too old , for it to be a plug and play. there is a few people in here that have done it. but i wouldnt know where to tell you to begin. and you are staying fuel injected correct?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who's done it please help I relly want to do this if it involves a week of wiring than i wont thats all im worried about is the wiring.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
fast Ed N said:
Shouldn't this question be in the 5.0L - 5.8L forum ?? :confused:

cheers,
Ed N.

:zwthstpd:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Actually since the 94-95 stang gt's have an AOD-E and are eec-v all you would need is the computer, harness, and motor.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Your going to have a huge issue with emissions if your state is strict, as the 5L wasn't made in 94 t-birds.

The cheapest, easiest way is to sell your car, and buy a v8.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thomas, i thought 94 -95 were still eec 4 , i could be wrong, anyhow, yes go buy a v8 car and be done!

·
Registered
773 Posts
guitar maestro said:
i thought the GTs 5.0 wont clear the hood on an MN12, thats why Ford redesigned the intake manifold on it??....could have sworn i read that on coolcats.net

94-95 Mustangs used the tbird 5.0.

·
8,978 Posts
Yeah you're right jk89cat, they are eec-iv. I got that confused with the 95-01 explorer eec, which is eec-v.

Point is, a 94-95 eec would work, and then you'd need a chip to program in the 4r70w shift points.

-Thomas

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys I think that is the route im going to go. If ne one has there $.02 please tell me and don't tell me to buy a 5.0 t-bird I just rebuilt the tranny lowerd it painted it and a bunch of other stuff so i'd like to keep it besides i kind to want to have the Challenge.

Admin please move to 5.0 forum sorry guys.

·
8,978 Posts
well the only problem is that your current tranny will never hold upto the power of that 5.0. It was built for the power of a 3.8 and has less clutch packs and will eventually fail unless you just baby it all the time.
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i think you want a splitport 3.8 from a 99+ Mustang V6, 193hp 225lb ft of tq, and im not to sure but you could maybe use your bird wireing and computer getup?...racecougar did this in a 94 bird....its really sweet

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i actually meant as a donor car for yours, go find a complete wrecked one. that way you will have the right tranny,axle , brackets , exhaust, etc. i personally wish i would found a donor car when i built my car, you have all kinds of little stupid stuff missing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts