TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'll make this short . On the 4.2 swap article he said to use a 2001 mustang oil pan but will a 01-04 pan work or is it just a 01?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was thinking that also, just wanted to be sure. I have been with ford for a long time and seen them make weird changes for no real reason

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I.just thought of another question. Will the pcm on my 96 Cougar notice a difference in the amount of air that's flowing through the engine due to the increased cubic inches as to say will I need to have a reflash and a tune done or will the stock perimeters be ok.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I know racecougar has done this swap. He does great work. Try throwing him a pm for insight

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I think it would run fine as long as you have a MAF setup as opposed to speed density, but what I think and what happens in the real world dont always coincide. A tune would be good to get anyway for all the other benefits it gives you. I am sure racecougar or one of the other swappers can verify whether you "need" a tune for it to run.

·
Administrator
8,208 Posts
Use the stock 14lb 3.8L injectors and you'll have it running, but to get the most out of it you'll need to go with the injectors the 4.2 came with. They're either 19 or 21lbers and will require a tune or chip.

Joe

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. Hopefully it will be awhile before I have to do anything to the car because it only has 88k miles, but I'm going to start gathering parts now and start build my engine and working over the heads and intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts