TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little ol lady selling her car 300 bucks.

91K original...

get ready...

datsun 200sx...

lol.. its such an ugly car i couldnt let it go away. ill get some pics of that and my recently aquired '88 5.0 TBird.

-Pat

·
Registered
497 Posts
Is it the 2+2 hatchback?
2 Liter?
The 200sx has crazy handling, in a good way

·
Registered
946 Posts
I wish I could find a clean 510 for that cheap. Good find! Sounds like another project car to me! :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure if its teh 2x2, all I know is its powered by a straight 4cyl 2.0 base HP of 100. RWD. Personally i like the car, i bought it to sell it, but the more i look at it.. its a fun lil car. I dunno, my roomates and most of my frineds are giving me crap for it. what ev. And yes its the hatchback.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The hatchback is the 2+2 you got the good version. I want to see some pictures. You have to try some drifting in it also. Have you looked at the engine should be 8 spark plugs and a crazy distributor

·
Registered
288 Posts
That was my first new car. It lived a short life. The little thing would kick the *** of most stock mid 70's v8 cars. I dusted many a Camaro with it and one corvette.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have some information on this car for you if your interested. I used to own a 81 for 1 day before it was stolen. It was going to be my daily driver while I built the bird engine up. Fun cars they are, old school imports.

Random engine and body specs:
In 1980, the 200SX was completely redesigned. The S110-series 200SX was sold in Europe and Japan as the Silvia, in Australia and New Zealand as the Gazelle, and in Mexico as the Sakura. Hatchback and hardtop "notchback" coupes were offered. For 80 and 81, the U.S. 200SX was powered by the Z20E 2.0 liter 4-cylinder.

Length: 176.4
Width: 66.1
Height: 51.6
Wheelbase: 94.5
Weights :
2611 (Hardtop)
2637 (Hatchback)
Engine EFI 2.0L SOHC 4cyl 1952cc fuel-injected
Bore: 85mm
Stroke: 86mm

Z-series attributes : SOHC, iron block / aluminum head, double roller timing chain, five main bearings. The NAPS-Z cylinder head
This block is very similar to the earlier L-series blocks, and in fact it is effectively an L-seris block with a NAPS-Z cylinder head. The Z24E block is 3/4" taller than the Z20/Z20E blocks.

NAPS-X and NAPS-Z Engines
This is the designation for Nissan engines that feature optimum combustion for performance and economy with a low amount of exhaust emission. NAPS stands for Nissan Anti-Pollution System, which is protected by over 250 patents. These engines feature a "hemi" head combustion chamber and two spark plugs per cylinder. The NAPS-Z engine is used in four-cylinder Hardbodys and Van while the NAPS-X engine is used on the Stanza. (The term NAPS is no longer used in Nissan literature.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AS far as I saw it only had one per cyl, i did a tune up on it and my cap only had 4 slots for plug wires so I just assumed it had 1 per.. i'll look at it in the morning and keep you guys updated.

Glad to know someones showing interest in the car, maybe 96Tbirdman will show soem respect now.. (my roomate as mentioned earlier)...

Pics tommorow also I could take them now, but they wouldnt look as nice with underground parking lighting.

-Pat

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
97LTDBIRD said:
8 plugs for a 4 cyl? am i missing something?

-Pat
yep i want one of the old nissan/datsuns maybe an 88 300 zx turbo. (i was born in 88 thats the only reason) but i love those little things and they would fly. my buddys got one. and the 8 plugs for a 4 cyl is that it fires on compression and then fires again on the exhaust cycle. from what ive heard it keeps down on emissions and give better power and keeps the engine cleaner cuz it burns any excess fuel in the cyl. but thats what ive heard never really looked into it. but i could be wrong. got any pics of the car ???

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
nissan makes good cars. I am driving a 93 nissan pickup that has 176000 miles on in. I think that mine has the 24ke engine. It's a 2.4 liter with a 3.25 inch bore 3.75 inch stroke. It has 3 valves per cilinder 2 intake 1 exhaust. It has butterfly valves in the intake before the runner which shuts at low rpms to increase torque. It has 134 hp @ 5200 and 155 ftlb of torque @ 3600 rpm.

I wanted one of the 200sx coupes but I could never get one when I wanted one. Most are usedup and been crushed.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Check this out for an old school import.

'72 240z with a 280z I-6 engine. Daily Driver, nearly mint condition. It was the slowest car at the local autocross but it was still the crowd favorite. That Thunderbird is my old black turbo, its now a parts car.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
my favorite has to be the early 90's 300 zx's i want one of those sooo bad. the factory twin turbo 3.0. i read an article that when they came out (stock) they were faster than the vettes then and that scared chevvy so they put a hell of alot bigger motors in their vettes to keep up with the little 6 in those. a guy up the street from me has one. and you very rarely get to see it. i keeps it in perfect comdidtion, in his garage. and only brings it out on special occasions or when its nice and there isnt a cloud in the sky.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I searched a little more and the American model doesn't have them I thought they did, my 81 did not. When I looked up info for mine I must have been misled thinking what I was looking at the original motor. Many models do have the duel spark plug per cylinder I just don't know what years. Don't stress it to much you no have them.

Nice pics btw...I think they look good repainted in a goldish orange color.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts