TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within a couple of months I am going to get my severance pay from the military and I will have about 3K left over to play with. I have a 92 5.0 Bird with U/D pulleys, Flowmaster catback with deleted 3rd cat and resonator and the ever contraversional K & N cone filter. I am still confused about the intake and head debates that have taken place and would once again like everyones input about thier favorites. I already spoke to Reinhart about a chip so that uses up about 350 from the time we are done with it. What do you guys vote on? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cannot seriously be ranking people by thier posts. I don't know what else to say. I love this club.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Upgrade said:
You cannot seriously be ranking people by thier posts. I don't know what else to say. I love this club.
whoa now, the bulletin board automatically changes your title according to posts. its not like i went and wrote down that you were a newbie.

simma

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't sweat the post counter too much man. I personally don't like 'em cause they tend to get people trolling. But, that's another topic.

I think heads and intake would be a good way to spend the cash. Maybe get some new exhaust manifolds also. So long as you have heads off, might as well do it all. As for what heads/intake to get, it depends what you want the car to do. If you still plan to drive a lot on the street then I'd stick to stuff made for the street.

G

·
Counters suck yeah...

Well I guess I'm knowledgable but still have a lot of questions... don't really know what the counter is suppose to say... that we know what we're talking about maybe??? hahahaha....

heads are a good way to go... I personally would finish your exhaust system with new headers and high flow cats... then work with air intake, then heads since heads are only as good as the amount of air in and exhaust out that you can provide. That is my opinion though... Since your bird is as old as mine I would suggest looking at your rings... replacing those might not be a bad idea either.

HAHAHA... I just realized that I pretty much said the exact same thing as Werty... weird... maybe I do know what I'm talking about! :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess I won't sweat the small stuff. I actually have some bad news. When I was installing my dual oil filter system today I took the time while it was up on the lift to check things out. It seems that my floors are rotting nicely. I have a patch about 6" in diameter that has rusted completely away with the carpet showing. I guess I will have to claim all the parts I want and try to find another 5.0. Damn Upstate New York Car Cancer anyway. Anyone know where I can find a 91-93 5.0 Bird or Cougar?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad news. I know you are sick...
I just checked the Classifieds, and found what you are looking for.
http://www.tccoa.com/cgi-bin/classifieds.cgi?read=27705 <br>
Its in Memphis Tn, and the word "rust" is only know by transplants here. I live about 220 mils away, so cant check it for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude the whole floor is rotting out and the rockers are already gone. The area around the gas tank filler cap is rotting. Its in really poor shape. The shielding around the gas tank is already gone. I can reach up inside the car from the giant hole underneath. The rust is so bad under there that the first thing I ever did to the car was replace the oil pan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts