TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
MadRussian said:
Well, for $900 I really hope it performs better than the bullitt... which I doubt.

-Andrey

:zwthstpd: . One good thing about it it would be for the guys who like to spray alot, it will no crack:leftright . But still, I doubt it will outflow the Bullit. Dyno number will tell everything about it.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
its ugly

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
For $900 I could make something a lot prettier (and probably better working) than that...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
97ThunderCat said:
that thing looks like doo doo. looks like a small plenum and short runners. not very useful for general street use.
I don't think it looks that bad, but it really looks like you never even saw the pics and links he posted about it on Corral. Click here to see how short the runners are and how small the plenum is!

I honestly don't know what this manifold will do, but I think it's got potential and it's foolish to rule it out before anybody sees flowbench or dyno data from it.

Pete

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
the inside reminds me of the M5 runners on its intake....:D

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
looks like someone found a use for their cracked JBA headers to me

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you think about how much it costs for a 5.0 intake cokmpared to these 4.6 intakes, I cant see spending the money on this unless you really need it for some perticular reason, on a NA car I think this would be a waste unless you where PA like nitrous or a blower.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Any intake is better than the stock ones on our cars, otherwise, people wouldn't be netting 15-20 rwhp from the PI swap, which is only about 180 bucks for 96-97 owners. How can anybody call the PI swap not worth it when it gives that kind of power for that kind of money, when people drop $400 with no second thoughts for a C&L plenum and a throttle body that gives half of that?

Pete

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think the PI intake is a excelent upgrade, but this one looks to be alot more than $180.00

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Lazania, sorry for the confusion about my post. This manifold will definately cost more than the PI, but it may be better than it also. Regardless of price, I just think that everybody on the forum can benefit from a manifold upgrade.

Pete

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
What i noticed is that it's all metal...good heat conductor bad for power. Also, it doesn't appear to have a coolant crossover.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Damn, good call on the crossover, GB. That will be a serious problem with keeping the cylinder heads evenly cool.

Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts