TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '90 35th An. Super Coupe with less than 45K miles on it. After putting perhaps 5K on it the trans. failed.... I managed to pick up a fresh AOD from an '89 Town Car (0 miles on rebuild) for next to nothing. The advice I got was: "should work fine." I switched the trans linkage and installed the trans to the point that I need to slip the yoke into the tail housing........it will not go in all the way. It leaves about 3 or 4 inches of nice, shiny yoke sitting outside the housing, and the driveshaft will not bolt in. Am I just screwed? Would a Town car yoke make the difference?

·
Registered
610 Posts
SC shafts are shorter. Find an LX shaft with an auto and you should be ok.

Ghugly said:
I bought a '90 35th An. Super Coupe with less than 45K miles on it. After putting perhaps 5K on it the trans. failed.... I managed to pick up a fresh AOD from an '89 Town Car (0 miles on rebuild) for next to nothing. The advice I got was: "should work fine." I switched the trans linkage and installed the trans to the point that I need to slip the yoke into the tail housing........it will not go in all the way. It leaves about 3 or 4 inches of nice, shiny yoke sitting outside the housing, and the driveshaft will not bolt in. Am I just screwed? Would a Town car yoke make the difference?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Blown94SC said:
SC shafts are shorter. Find an LX shaft with an auto and you should be ok.

AOD for AOD what does it have to do with "changing" his driveshaft length all of a sudden?

-J

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
The town cars and police cars get a 1" longer output shaft, that's why you're having trouble... thats quite a problem. I realize you dont want to swap this whole thing out again... maybe a TC/police driveshaft yoke would make it work? I never was in this situation myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts