TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think the fact of going to court repeatedly just for one ticket?

I got the ticket Ordered to appear in court a month later.

I show up a month later and im asked if I would be "Interested" in a defferal program. I said, "I guess" so Im ordered to "reappear" a month later.

I went there the 11th at 11am. I go into the court room, wait, have my case pulled, Wait till all the cases are read, then about 10 peoples names are called to go into the lobby.

I get out there, sit down, im immediatly called on and she askes my name, Even though she just called it. then tells me that they are not sure if they will be able to offer me a deferral because of my previous ticket that was dismissed in court.

Im not a genious or anything, but, If I challenge a ticket because an officer was in the wrong, and I win cause it was proved that the officer was in the wrong, Doesnt that become exempt from my record?

If I was guilty, I would of just taken the defferal the first time, but I challenged it because I was innocent. I won cause the officer didnt even have the right to pull me over.

But now they are coming up with a ticket I got in April, that I WON in court. Its almost as if they keept it on my record, and to use it as ammo in court if I got another ticket.

In which I feel is unconstitutional.

But now they have me set for a "pre-trial conference" a month later, there I have to go up and say, guilty, or not guilty. Last time I did that, I said not guilty cause I was in fact not guilty, then the county prosecutor later asked me if I wanted to take the defferal, I said no, and he said its my right. Damn straight it is!!!

I was just wanting to know if you guys ever had this problem.

Oh yea, if I dont get the defferal, Im challenging it and persuing a class d felony on the officer for purgury when he lied on the police report.

·
Registered
975 Posts
It sounds like the man has got you down, but at least you're doing something about it. Don't give up. You're helping all of us.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
93sleeper said:
Oh yea, if I dont get the defferal, Im challenging it and persuing a class d felony on the officer for purgury when he lied on the police report.
No offense, but I highly DOUBT you will even come close to winning that one. It may get dismissed, but there is no way in hell an officer will get charged with even a misdemeanor, nevermind a Class D Felony.

Good Luck Though:D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sry, I didnt end that one, Anyone else think the fact of going to court repeatedly just for one ticket is stupid?

The Officer lied about having a witness, Cause I got the report filed against me and it mentioned a Tow truck driver, I am very good friends with the owner of that tow truck company. He called in the driver that was on the police report, and he said he didnt see anything at all.

I went back the next day and had a public notery with me, He singned a statement, and it was noterized.

Im not trying to bash the cop, but he pulled me over by judgeing the speed of my car just by "motor noise".

I was going to challenge it in court myself and ask the cop what type of radar gun he used to get my speed, and what are his certifications. But my lawyer said he would do the talking, that it would be really hard to get the officer in trouble for that when the state is challenging me. But he will see look into it.

As for the ticket, Ive got it wraped up,

The cop didnt use a radar gun to take my speed.
I have video tape of the path I took exiting the parking lot that is different from the officers statement.
His witness did not witness anything.
It is not possible to accel to 15mph the path I took.

Thanks alot guys. I will be sure to take a picture of the cops face on this one when I win it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts