TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
They appear directional, so they would be pointed differently on each side of the car. Some of the stock Tbird wheels are like that, and IMO looks goofy.

I noticed tirerack has quite a few new wheels in stock recently that fit our cars. Check them out too. They also roadforce balance all their tires/wheel packages too which is a big plus. I am hesitant to buy wheels or tires on ebay; an out of round or poorly weighed wheel and tire can be a big pain in the ass to deal with.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, you're right!

Sent sell a question on if they make a left & right...

That is odd... I'd be bugged by that to no end!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed with seller...directional.
So tire rotations would be awkward!

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Tire rotations would just be front to back, which is what they should be anyway, since reversing the rotation of radial tires can cause the belts to separate.

As for the wheels, my complaint about them is the same one I have with almost all aftermarket wheels, which is that they look like aftermarket wheels!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I like them, if I were in the market for a 17" wheel, I'd consider them.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
If they are side specific left and right wheels that's cool. I meant I don't like them if they were not... when they look like they are going different ways on passenger and driver side it looks strange. I have seen a few cars like that. I think some of the early 90s Cougar OEM wheels are like that.

My 96 Tbird had the directional double spoke wheels. It's not an issue rotating them, you just go front to back. I always thought that you shouldn't switch sides anyway when you rotate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts