TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Chicks in crap cars trying to take on the BIRD! (I'm at the light chillin..some chick rolls up and revs the engine..okay...she's in pontiac g6..the light turns green... I DUST her A$$! HAHA Some folks never learn )

2. Folks with too much name brand on a car. I saw a dude with every pep boy accessory that you can think of on his ride. I was thinking if a high temp solar ray hit that mess, it would melt on the spot.

3. folks who cut me off and then....SLOW DOWN! WTF?!?!

4. folks on the highway in the FAST LANE going..UNDER 55...WTF?!?!!?

5. State police and other law enforcement doing :
a. going very slow to piss folks off so that they will speed up fly by him or her so that quota can be met.
b. going WAAAAAAAY over the speed limit. If you try this...you slapped with a 200.00 fine. Liek Bill and Ted said.... BOGUS!

6. Folks in the turning lanes going STRAIGHT! WTF?!?!!?!

7. non - driving folks sideswiping your car.

8. people on a parking lot giving your car a door hickey and not leaving a note.... nice.

Feel free to add your own!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
1) When turning left, after the light turns green and you are yielding to oncoming traffic, pull forward so that you are in the middle of the intersection! Don't sit behind the white line so that when the yellow light comes on we (everyone behind you) are still sitting here stuck for another light or two. You'll have to cross that line anyway once we all start honking at you after we've been there for a few light cycles.
2) 99.99% of drivers in my area have no clue what the right of way means when two cars pull up to a 4 way intersection at the same time.
3) It is not up to me/you to decide what the speed in the fast lane should be. Just because you think you're going faster than you should, it doesn't mean the car behind you should be ok with your speed. In other words even if I'm doing 20 over the limit in the fast lane and a car approaches me from behind, I gladly move over, and so should everyone else.

[/NYC driving lesson]

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
cell phone use while driving. that **** is garbage. soooo dangerous its not even funny. oh and when people are looking only one way, waiting for traffic to clear so they can pull out, then they dont see me on my bike or walking attempting to cross in front of them in a crosswalk. like since there was no one there when they first looked so why would there be when traffic clears and they think they can pull out? stupid people make my head hurt.

-John

·
Registered
601 Posts
1) When turning left, after the light turns green and you are yielding to oncoming traffic, pull forward so that you are in the middle of the intersection! Don't sit behind the white line so that when the yellow light comes on we (everyone behind you) are still sitting here stuck for another light or two. You'll have to cross that line anyway once we all start honking at you after we've been there for a few light cycles.
2) 99.99% of drivers in my area have no clue what the right of way means when two cars pull up to a 4 way intersection at the same time.
3) It is not up to me/you to decide what the speed in the fast lane should be. Just because you think you're going faster than you should, it doesn't mean the car behind you should be ok with your speed. In other words even if I'm doing 20 over the limit in the fast lane and a car approaches me from behind, I gladly move over, and so should everyone else.

[/NYC driving lesson]
In Florida, it is against the Law to enter into, or maintain stopped in an intersection to turn left. So you've got to stay behind that white line legally. Now, I've never personally seen this law enforced either.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I don't know Florida laws. But, I guarantee ya if I ever moved there I'd read up on them so I wouldn't be the A$$ that is clueless behind the wheel (see the above 99.99% reference)

:thumbsup:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
1. Chicks in crap cars trying to take on the BIRD! (I'm at the light chillin..some chick rolls up and revs the engine..okay...she's in pontiac g6..the light turns green... I DUST her A$$! HAHA Some folks never learn )
Being aloof is cooler than being "bad ass"

3. folks who cut me off and then....SLOW DOWN! WTF?!?!
Pass on left.

5. State police and other law enforcement going very slow to piss folks off so that they will speed up fly by him or her so that quota can be met.
Pass them at 5 over.

6. Folks in the turning lanes going STRAIGHT! WTF?!?!!?!
Put them into the curb.

The rest of the nation "thanks" PA for the Pittsburgh left.

In Florida, it is against the Law to enter into, or maintain stopped in an intersection to turn left. So you've got to stay behind that white line legally. Now, I've never personally seen this law enforced either.
Same for most states. Keeping the intersection clear for emergency vehicles is a priority.

·
Registered
166 Posts
when im riding with someone and they constantly complain about someone with xenon bulbs tailgating them and then they do the same..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Fat chicks parking next to your car in a parking lot and opening their door so wide and fast that it slams into your car leaving a dent.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
def #1 but i don't choose to play that game. my suspesion is going south literally and metaphorically speaking. plus around here cops have nothing to do so they sit and hide waiting for that one sucker luckily i've never had a ticket.....knocking on lots of wood right there

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
What kills me and I see this constantly all day, is people going 55 leading up to a red light less than 1/2 a block away, behind 5 other cars, only to slam on the brakes instead of gradually braking and coasting up to the red.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Yeah, about the Pittsburgh Left (which I've never heard called that), I have mixed feelings there.

On one hand, yeah, you sit behind the line, the light goes yellow again, you're stuck.

On the other hand, you pull out in to the intersection, there's a huge stream of traffic, the light turns yellow and you're still out there, but the light is yellow for oncoming traffic and they're all running the yellow, and then a few run the red light, and finally you get to go a few seconds after your light has turned red.

Also, if you get rear ended while you are half-way in to the intersection, chances are better that your wheels will be cocked to the left and you're going to go in to oncoming traffic.

Then there's the idea that traffic lights may know when your light has gone green and there is cross traffic, and if you stay behind the line on the sensors, it'll know you're there waiting and hold the light longer until the opposing traffic has cleared and give you a chance to get through.

But after all of that, it is really naturally annoying to be waiting at a green light.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Then there's the idea that traffic lights may know when your light has gone green and there is cross traffic, and if you stay behind the line on the sensors, it'll know you're there waiting and hold the light longer until the opposing traffic has cleared and give you a chance to get through.
I once pulled up to a left turn light that only triggers if someone is there since it just leads into a small shopping center. Moron A is parked in front of the white line. Moron B is like half in the grass. Neither car is tripping the sensors in the road because neither of them are on it. I pull up and actually *ghasp* stay in the lane and not the median, the other lane, or the intersection and guess what, next rotation the light changed so we could turn.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Ummmm...maybe those chicks are tryin to get your attention in a good way?!

*I got smoked by a super cute chick in a BMW 840i yesterday. She smiled and waved before turning off*
well any idiot can buy a fast car but it takes a special idiot to make a car fast :) i kept up with a g35 coupe that some dumb chick ownes. she put some stupid looking erector set wing and some fart cans. i even kept up in the turns with bad shocks :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ummmm...maybe those chicks are tryin to get your attention in a good way?!

*I got smoked by a super cute chick in a BMW 840i yesterday. She smiled and waved before turning off*
No, chances are they're just trying to emasculate you. Trying to beat you at your own game, make you feel worthless. You know, what every woman does.

:tongue:

:zwall:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I hate the people that take of from a green light like they’re at the drag strip and then go 10 mph under the speed limit. Thanks oh so much for passing everyone at the light and then giving us all high blood pressure because we have to drive to slow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts