TCCoA Forums banner

What is your car used for?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious to know what you use your Thunderbird, Cougar or Mark for. Is this a daily driver, weekend cruiser or track monster? Maybe you like the car shows and going to the track once or twice a year. You can vote up to three times in different areas.

Daily Driver - You drive this car every day. To work, school and church.

Car Show - You enter your car in a public exhibition of current automobile models, debuts, concept cars or classics every other weekend or couple times a year.

Drag Racing - You compete to be the first to cross the finish line. 1/8 and 1/4.

Auto-X - Navigate one at a time through a defined course on either sealed or unsealed surfaces.

Weekend Cruiser - Your baby only comes out on a sunny Sunday in the summer.

Drifting - Motorsport where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels.

Oval Track Racing - form of closed-circuit automobile racing that is contested on a paved surface oval-shaped track.

Road Racing - Held on paved, purpose-built race tracks.

Dirt Track Racing - Track surface may be composed of any soil.

Car Audio - Mobile audio car show, bass boxing and decibel competitions.

Other - I'm missing something? Don't tell me you off road rock crawl.:rolleyes:

*No street racing

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Thunderbird: Daily driver for summer only. Mostly city use; also taken to shows periodically.
Cougar: Daily driver, winter only.
Mark VIII: Year round highway cruiser, alternate daily driver.

·
Administrator
8,007 Posts
I check out the shows and the weekend cruises.............if it doesn't rain! :tongue:

Joe

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
  • Drive to work in the city 1-2 times a week during the warm months
  • Drag Racing 2-3 times a year
  • Weekend cruiser (buddy's house, car cruise, ect)
  • Has not seen snow since 2008 when I purchased it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Driving to work on nice days...and laughing at my buddy and his Honda s2000 (that he thinks is the greatest stock car that ever existed) as I'm beating him by nearly a full second on the strip

Other than work and the once every couple months it sees the strip, it sits in the garage awaiting a little TLC

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It was my daily driver and then my 2004 Mustang GT has taken that role. There should be a poll option for "driveway eyesore" because thats basically what it is right now. It needs a front fender and a rear bumper...

I want to get it into shape to do autoX and road racing, mostly because drag racing a Thunderbird is dumb when you actually have a decent suspension made for cornering. I have my Mustang for straight lines and drifting.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
The Mark VIII is a daily driver and actually makes a decent family car with the autoglide passenger seat.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
oval track

:wavey: Hello

Well most of you know about my Asphalt stock car (street stock #12)
I have another building to replace first by '08. ( yeah that didn't happen):zdunno:
I have a third (85 coupe) soon to be my weekend driving car, Not racing!
I mean soon, maybe by 2015 or 18? :zbash:

:wiggle::zbeer:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, should have a category called "Never-Ending Project" :D
If mine ever became a project, or if I got another bird for a project, I'm pretty sure that's what it'd be. lol
This is why i choice Other seems like I get it all put together then decide to take something else apart.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts