TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,241 Posts
I've used both Dell and HP but for beauty I'd go with an Apple for brawn you can't beat the Panasonic Toughbook.

Ultimately they're all basically the same.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I haven't had any complaints with my Dell laptops I've used for work or purchased for personal use but I've found that the HP (and esp Compaq) laptops I've had in the past suffered from all sorts of poor design issues (insufficient airflow leading to overheating, etc).

I also really liked the two Toshiba laptops I've had before -- I particularly appreciated how serviceable they were and the fact that one model I had actually numbered each screw hole so you could identify which length of screw went into which hole.

The one brand I will definitely never touch again is ACER. The two I've had had were utter shite and stopped working in under 2 years (the onboard WIFI module died on one unit and the other would randomly power cycle). Horrible quality.

-g

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Asus.

Though personally I'd only get a laptop if had to--I prefer the life and serviceability of a desktop, so you know my opinion of Apple then.

·
Super Moderator
17,150 Posts
I don't know how their entire product line is but based on my experience with a Lenovo ideapad their hinges are ****. Barely over a year old with gentle use and they ripped right off the screen on this example, as you can see I managed to fix this one with my usual improvisation(countersunk screws right through the metal shell!), but in searching for ideas prior to that I found many aren't so lucky, commonly breaking the screen when they let go.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts