TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found four aluminum "PRIME" Alloy Wheels, 15x7 5-hole 4.25". Does anyone have anything like this on their car? They are being sold for $100, does this seem like a reasonable price?

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
I would look for something different. I have seen them on birds before and they just don't look right in my opinion. You could prolly find a decent deal on some 17" rims somewhere...just be patient as a deal will eventually show up ;) I got my 17x9's with tires (used) for $350...AND the tires lasted me 10,000 miles :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
What really matters is do YOU like them. I've seen them before and been tempted (I mean they don't look bad) but I finally decided that if I was going to spend any money on wheels (which lets face it are 95% bling anyway) it was going to be for 17" wheels. If you want 17" wheels and don't want to spend a lot of money then patience is your friend. Someone, somewhere will sell a set of Cobra R's cheap, you just have to be there with the money when they do. I waited over 2 years before I found a set at a price I could afford. But then, when it comes to things like that I have th patience of Job.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
What really matters is do YOU like them. I've seen them before and been tempted (I mean they don't look bad) but I finally decided that if I was going to spend any money on wheels (which lets face it are 95% bling anyway) it was going to be for 17" wheels. If you want 17" wheels and don't want to spend a lot of money then patience is your friend. Someone, somewhere will sell a set of Cobra R's cheap, you just have to be there with the money when they do. I waited over 2 years before I found a set at a price I could afford. But then, when it comes to things like that I have th patience of Job.
That is more along the lines of what I meant to say...just couldn't find the words.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well the guy asked for Thoughts so that kinda opens pandoras box a bit in the way of personal opinion. With that said, I myself like that wheel...Just not on an MN12 Tbird.

But whatever does it for ya...

Prime wheels of that era were natorious for losing the clearcoat on the aluminum centers & covers. The pic of that particular wheel looks to be in great condition. They are easily worth $100 so long as one, two or all of them are not bent.

Cheers,

Brad

·
Registered
958 Posts
where are they??? i might be interested if your not.......i need an extra set of rims so i can refinish my fanblade stockers......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts