TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had some free time today and my cousin and two friends came over and we installed my nitrous set up. its a zex dry kit w/ pressure gauge, zex bottle heater, and nos purge kit. it took us a little less than 6 hours to do and that includes 3 runs to autozone, 1 run to lappens and 1 to home depot. i can't beleive how easy the zex kit was to install. its literally idiot proof. we broke one of the mounting tabs on the din delete plate so i need to get a new one. it stays in place now but pops out sometimes when u flip a switch. u can see its crooked in a couple of the pics. i wasnt able to get the bottle filled cuz today is sunday and the speed shops around here are closed. i'm gettin it filled tomorrow morning. the gears, chip and tune up are coming either this thursday or the following monday, then i can start sprayin it. i just got the 75 hp jets on there now until i upgrade the fuel system. here's the pics:

purge pics coming tomorrow :D

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
sweet! so how much do you guys usually pay to get the bottle filled? and uh, what does the blue plate on your intake say?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the blue plate says steeda and has the steeda logo. i got it for $18, they were running a sale when i called to order some other parts from them.

Frank

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey on all those vacuum line connections....make sure to use small hose clamps. I kept blowing the hoses clean off without anything holding them on. And also zip-ties dont work. However i'm running a SC, so those lines see 16psi, plus the additional nitrous pressure for fuel enrichment.

Just some safety as if those lines come off you'll have no fuel enrichment, and its happened to me a few times now. The kit comes with the clamps, or they are just 1/4" hose clamps, you'll need 4....two for each hose.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fastsc92 said:
hey on all those vacuum line connections....make sure to use small hose clamps. I kept blowing the hoses clean off without anything holding them on. And also zip-ties dont work. However i'm running a SC, so those lines see 16psi, plus the additional nitrous pressure for fuel enrichment.

Just some safety as if those lines come off you'll have no fuel enrichment, and its happened to me a few times now. The kit comes with the clamps, or they are just 1/4" hose clamps, you'll need 4....two for each hose.
ok. i got the hose clamps, i'll put them on before i actually use the nitrous.

got the bottle filled today, i have a very slight leak, i can hear hissing. sounds like its coming from the purge solenoid area. i gotta do the soapy water test and seal that up too.

i'll have some purge pics later on tonight.

Frank

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
got the bottle filled today, i have a very slight leak, i can hear hissing. sounds like its coming from the purge solenoid area. i gotta do the soapy water test and seal that up too.
Did you use the thread lock pipe tape, because I had the same problem, until we used that on the purge selenoid.

Dave

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DMcBrideBoston said:

Did you use the thread lock pipe tape, because I had the same problem, until we used that on the purge selenoid.

Dave
yea, mighta just got pushed back a little when i was tightening down the fitting. i'll check it out on wednesday when i got some free time.

Frank

·
Registered
133 Posts
you guys know that you're not suposed to use tape right?

All nitrous kits prefer the use of liquid thread sealant. Its a white paste. This paste will not break apart and clog jets, or solenoids. I got mine at a local parts store, made by permatex.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll try the liquid thread lock if it still leaks after i put new teflon tape on there.

Frank

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
fastsc92 said:
you guys know that you're not suposed to use tape right?
If you use the tape properly it won't clog anything. Been using Teflon tape for years.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
It's a good idea though. I'm always losing those damn rolls of tape.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just finished fixin my leak, looks like we just completely forgot to put teflon tape on one of the connections, put the tape on and the leaks gone. also got to take a couple of purge pics. i had my little sister pressing the button. they didnt come out that good but here they are.

Frank

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Bastard...you bought the last of the nitrous.......

I went to get it today and he said a guy in a thunderbird bought the last bottle full.....

It's okay though, I forgive you. New shipment tomorrow...:uppoint:

Pics look awsome Frank......Are you going to the track Friday?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DMcBrideBoston said:
Bastard...you bought the last of the nitrous.......

I went to get it today and he said a guy in a thunderbird bought the last bottle full.....

It's okay though, I forgive you. New shipment tomorrow...:uppoint:

Pics look awsome Frank......Are you going to the track Friday?
no i wont have the cash. i'm spending it all on the gear install. sucks too cuz my car will be all set to go and my helemt is arriving friday. i just wont have the money for the track. i'm definitly going on the 10th and posibbly the 8th too. can u make it either of those days?

Frank

1 - 20 of 51 Posts