TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran the line tonight from the zex kit. went right under the tank through a drain hole in the trunk, and along the filler neck and the rest of the way with the fuel lines. only made it up to the fire wall, about 2-2 1/2 ft. short to where i planned on having the box on the apron by the cai. does zex sell small sections of line with fittings or do i need to find something local. any experienced info or help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
NUHBOY4.6 said:
i ran the line tonight from the zex kit. went right under the tank through a drain hole in the trunk, and along the filler neck and the rest of the way with the fuel lines. only made it up to the fire wall, about 2-2 1/2 ft. short to where i planned on having the box on the apron by the cai. does zex sell small sections of line with fittings or do i need to find something local. any experienced info or help would be appreciated.
Don't they use std AN line for that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,192 Posts
yeah you can buy extra hose, its pretty expensive though. there is enough hose with the kit if you lay everything out just right. that was the longest part of the install for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
I believe nitrous line is a little different than standard braided line. call summit and ask them for a 4 ft nitrous line and a coupler (male-male fitting ((AN))) That's what I had to do

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Good deal. Make sure that the line is rated for nitrous pressure though (700-900 psi)...you wouldn't want to blow a line or something like that...it would be bad to say the least.

Joe
 

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
the line that came with my zex kit was long enough, i beleive it was 17 ft. i actually had about 2 extra ft. that i tucked up under the capet in the trunk.

Frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the guy i got the kit from had it in a stang. i ran it stright up with no out of the way routing taking up slack. closest it came was the top of the fire wall.
 

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
NUHBOY4.6 said:
the guy i got the kit from had it in a stang. i ran it stright up with no out of the way routing taking up slack. closest it came was the top of the fire wall.
yea my kit was for a stang too. i mounted the box right next to my cai and ran the linesover the shock tower and down the fire wall then right along the fule lines. then right near the rear tire theres a drain plug for the trunk i ran the line up there and had a bunch of extra line. my feed line comes into the trunk up near the back seats and then i just ran it under the carpetto the bottle and cut a hole in the carpet to connect it to the bottle.

frank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,361 Posts
fdawg97lx said:


yea my kit was for a stang too. i mounted the box right next to my cai and ran the linesover the shock tower and down the fire wall then right along the fule lines. then right near the rear tire theres a drain plug for the trunk i ran the line up there and had a bunch of extra line. my feed line comes into the trunk up near the back seats and then i just ran it under the carpetto the bottle and cut a hole in the carpet to connect it to the bottle.

frank
Mine was routed the same way except we cut a whole in my trunk and went along the fuel line that way.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top