TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im attempting to finish the wiring today but these zex instructions suck the big one.

first, the middle wire on the tps is the one i need to tap into right?

second, what did you guys do with the vacuum line that was on the fpr? im assuming i'll have to go buy a "T".

and last where did you guys hook the other vacuum line, all the zex instructions say is to hook it to an unused one.

any pics would be a big help. thanks

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
As I remember it is the green wire but I always test probe the wire to make sure it is the right one. As far as the Vac line yes the Zex instructions su~k. They just want you to run the new line over to the reg and leave to old one hanging. I perfer to go to the firewall and jump off the vac tee fitting that is already there. The tee has a plug on one of the legs so it makes for an easy install. Just leave the old line connection off the top of the reg hanging and you will be good to go.

Mark

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how will i know which wire it is? should it have power all the time? do i need to car running? i tryed it already thats why im asking, and the top one has power, the other two didnt.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhh i was using a test light, turns out to be the middle wire after all. now on to the vacuum lines, i dont see a "T" on the firewall. if i can ever get my camera software to work maybe it will be alittle easier to follow.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i have the switch wired up now, that was a huge pita. i still have to wire the bottle warmer, i think im just going to leave the switch for that in the trunk. the zex bottle warmer is thermo controlled anyway so if i leave it on who cares. the only problem left is the stupid a** vacuum lines. anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Vac lines...here we go. This is what to do. From the Regulator hose on the zex box...run it to the fuel pressure regulator. Next. From the Intake hose on the zex box. Run that one to the hose you just pulled off the fuel pressure regulator. This will save you from plugging up one vac line and trying to find another. You will need a splice for the second vac line hook up mentioned, unledd you cut the end off and modify it somehow, but a slice s cheap enough.

Joe

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
easiest way to do the vaccum lines is how whitecoug said. thats how i did them too. your just basically running the zex box inline with the pressure regulator.

for the bottle warmer, one wire is a ground and the other runs to the switch then another wire comes off the switch to a 12v source. make sure you use a fuse on the wire that attaches to a 12v source.

When we did mine we just ran a larger wire (10 gauge) from the battery for my 12v source for the activation switch, purge switch, and heater switch.

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Frank no relay for the heater? If not check the switch to make sure it can handle it.

Mark
there's no relay with the zex heater. i bought it brand new so its not like i peiced it together myself. i used all the stuff that was supplied by zex including the switch and i followed their installation instructions. thats how they said to do it. they just supplied a 30 amp fuse and fuse holder, no relay though. it didnt call for a relay either. all the electronics and stuff are controled by the heater. theres like a little box attached to the heater where the two wires go into. it looks a little different than other heaters i've seen. i'll take a pic and post it up when i get a chance.

Frank

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that sounds like a really good plan for the vacuum lines. and not to sound stupid but the fpr is the thing that is in the back of the engine around the same spot as the iac except its on the passenger side right?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
No, should be on drivers side. It's the little (ish) silver canister looking thing on the top rear of the fuel rail on the driver side. Should have a red tube running into the top if it. The tube should be covered with some black wire loom I believe. Hope this helps.

Joe

EDIT: In seeing that you you have a 94, as do I, but with 96/7 upper style, I can't remember which side the fpr is on at the moment. I will look into it though. It's still on the back on the fuel rail though. And it still looks like a little canister with a tube on it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
must still be on the passenger side then, i know there was one with a green tube on it and one with a red tube one it. the one with the red tube was on the fuel rail.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i know mine is on the drivers side at the back of the fuel rail. but since u have the 94-95 set up, i'm not sure if yours is in the same place.

Frank

1 - 19 of 19 Posts